COOPER CITY (CBSMiami) — The Vienna Cafe and Bistro in Cooper City is an elegant and charming eatery owned by Hector and Sandra Guerra.
What started out as a coffee and tea house in 2004 is now a full on European style eatery fit for a queen, and you’ll spot her and the rest of The Royal Family in various locations throughout the restaurant.READ MORE: Broward Health Ending COVID-19 Vaccinations
Every day, high tea is served on fine China from Sandra’s mother’s personal collection.
The menu is very European with a flair towards English. They do classic British dishes like Yorkshire Pie, Bangars and Mash and also Viennese and French dishes.READ MORE: Miami Beach Ordinance Seeks To Roll Back Alcohol Sales In Entertainment District
But for today’s Digital Bite, it’s the very french Shrimp and Lobster Crepes with fresh asparagus.
Recipe: Shrimp and Lobster Crepes
- 2 fresh 4-5″ round crepes
- 4 large white shrimp (cleaned)
- 4 oz lobster tail and claw meat
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped celery
- 3 oz white wine
- 4 oz cream
- Old Bay seasoning
- Chopped basil and Italian parsley
- Shaved parmesan and micro shiso for garnish
MORE NEWS: Miami Gardens Opens New Walk-Up COVID-19 Vaccination Site
- Heat up 2 crepes on low in a nonstick sauce pan.
- Combine butter, garlic red onion, celery in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the white wine and cream.
- Add the basil and parsley.
- Let them simmer 2 minutes until sizzling.
- Take the cut room temperature lobster and shrimp and place them on top of crepes on a plate.
- Pour the sauce over the crepes. Roll them and add the shaved parmesan and micro shiso for garnish.