MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Ian, the ninth tropical storm of this year’s hurricane season, is moving over open waters and is no threat to land.
At 5 p.m., the center of system was about 810 miles east-southeast of Bermuda. The system had maximum sustained winds of 45 mph as it moved to the north-northwest at 16 mph.
Ian is forecast to turn toward the north and north-northeast with an increase in forward speed is expected over the next 48 hours.
There are no coastal watches or warnings in effect.
- Click here for ways to prepare yourself for an impending storm from the CBSMiami.com Hurricane Preps page
- Click here for the latest news surrounding hurricanes and the National Hurricane Center
- Click here to see all of the latest maps when a storm forms in the Atlantic
- Click here to download the CBS4 2016 Hurricane Guide (English)
- Click here to download the CBS4 2016 Hurricane Guide (Spanish)
- Click here for Live Weather Blog
- Download CBS4 Weather App Here