MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The CVS pharmacy chain is opening coronavirus test sites in five states starting Friday, including Florida.
CVS says it is opening more than 50 drive-through test sites in Florida, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Pennsylvania.READ MORE: North Miami Beach PD Needs Help Locating 15-Year-old Jeimy Henrriquez
Ten of those test sites will be in Florida, but none are in South Florida yet.
The opening of additional test sites across the state and the country will be announced over the next two weeks.Former US Rep. Carrie Meek Passes Away At 95
These new sites will utilize self-swab tests for individuals who meet CDC criteria, in addition to age guidelines.
Patients must register in advance at CVS.com to schedule an appointment. Patients will be required to stay in their cars for the self administered test while being observed by a CVS Pharmacy team member to ensure it is done properly. Tests will be sent to an independent, third-party lab for processing and the results will be available in approximately three days.
The new testing sites in Florida include:
- CVS Pharmacy, 1000 East Tarpon Avenue, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
- CVS Pharmacy, 2322 Land O Lakes Boulevard, Lutz, FL 33549
- CVS Pharmacy, 2400 Enterprise Road, Orange City, FL 32763
- CVS Pharmacy, 221 South S.R. 434, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
- CVS Pharmacy, 3404 S.W. Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32608
- CVS Pharmacy, 8905 Bryan Dairy Road, Largo, FL 33777-1102
- CVS Pharmacy, 50 Duval Station Road, Jacksonville, FL 32218
- CVS Pharmacy, South Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32837
- CVS Pharmacy, 121 West MacClenny Avenue, MacClenny, FL 32063
- CVS Pharmacy, 520 South Federal Highway, Boca Raton, FL 33432
The company expects to have one thousand locations up and running by the end of May.MORE NEWS: Officer Injured, Suspect Dead Following Coral Gables Police-Involved Shooting
CVS says their goal is to eventually be able to process one and a half million tests every month.