MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Miami-Dade and Broward County Public Schools will continue their free food distribution service through the summer.
Citing food insecurity issues, Miami-Dade County Public Schools says it “stands firm in its commitment to support students and their families.”READ MORE: Monkeypox Case In Broward County Under Investigation
The free meal distributions will take place at various locations.
Meals For Summer Schools and Camps
- Free breakfast and lunch meals will be provided daily to all students attending summer school or district-affiliated camps and programs located in M-DCPS schools.
- Distributions will run through August 13, 2021 (except July 5 holiday).
Summer Site Daily “Walk-In” Meals
- As per USDA regulations, free summer meals provided daily on campus are also available to students/children 18 and younger who are not enrolled in a program, but who walk in to receive a grab-and-go breakfast and/or lunch.
- For location, times and dates, visit the Summer BreakSpot and click on “Find a Site.”
- Students/children who walk in must follow the school site’s administrative security requirements/check-in procedures at each visit.
Summer Curbside Meal Distribution Schedule
- Curbside meal distribution will be available at 50 schools across the district for students not attending summer school or camp and not receiving meals as a daily walk-in.
- Curbside meals may be picked up as follows:
- Will run through August 12, 2021
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Linda Lentin K-8 Center
- Miami Norland SHS
- Dr. Frederica S. Wilson / Skyway Elementary
- Carol City Middle School
- Joella C. Good Elementary
- Miami Jackson SHS
- Miami Northwestern SHS
- Morningside K-8 Academy
- Horace Mann Middle School
- Liberty City Elementary
- Booker T. Washington SHS
- Treasure Island Elementary
- Miami Beach Fienberg / Fisher K-8 Center
- Ruth K. Broad / Bay Harbor K-8 Center
- Virginia A. Boone / Highland Oaks Elementary
- North Miami Beach SHS
- Hialeah SHS Westland
- Hialeah SHS
- American SHS
- Barbara Goleman SHS
- Hialeah-Miami Lakes SHS
- South Hialeah Elementary
- Miami Springs SHS
- Ruben Dario Middle School
- Paul W. Bell Middle School
- Ronald W. Reagan Doral SHS
- Kinloch Park Middle School
- South Miami SHS
- Miami SHS
- Riviera Middle School
- Riverside Elementary
- Coral Gables SHS
- Norma Butler Bossard Elementary
- Felix Varela SHS
- Devon Aire K-8 Center
- Miami Killian SHS
- Miami Southridge SHS
- Winston Park K-8 Center
- Dr. Carlos J. Finlay Elementary
- Rockway Middle School
- Miami Coral Park SHS
- Dr. Manuel Barreiro Elementary
- Holmes Braddock SHS
- Miami Sunset SHS
- Robert Russa Moton Elementary
- Palmetto Middle School
- Goulds Elementary
- Leisure City K-8 Center
- Redland Middle School
- Homestead SHS
Per USDA requirements, parents must show a valid ID* (i.e., student ID, passport, adoption decree, report card, or other official documentation) for each child they request meals for when the student/child is not present at curbside pick-up.
In Broward, public schools will continue to offer free curbside ‘Grab-and-Go Summer Meals’ for all children in the community 18 years of age or younger.MORE NEWS: Trainer's Room Busy As Heat, Celtics Prepare For Game 4
For more information on food distribution locations, dates and time, go to browardschools.com/food-service.