FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A man died after being electrocuted in the back yard of a Fort Lauderdale home on Friday morning.
It happened in the 2500 block of NE 23rd Street.READ MORE: Johnson & Johnson Single-Shot COVID-19 Vaccine Joining In The Fight Against Global Pandemic
Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue said arriving crews found the man in a tree about 20 feet above the ground. They said he came in contact with a power line and was killed.READ MORE: South Florida House Republicans Vote Against President Biden's $1.9 Trillion Pandemic Relief Package
Florida Power and Light shut off power to the area during the investigation and the removal of the man’s body from the tree.
They said the man appeared to be around 40-years-old.MORE NEWS: Trump A Dominant Force At Conservative Conference In Orlando
The power has since been restored.