The spread of coronavirus has forced many businesses to close their doors and turn away customers and employees, but some other companies are hiring to keep up with increased demand for their goods and services.
EMPLOYERS NOW HIRING
- 2020 CENSUS – According to a United States Census Bureau spokesperson, the government is still looking for people to apply to fill temporary census positions.
- 7-ELEVEN— Nationally the store chain is planning on adding an additional 20,000 workers to keep up with demand. Jobs include delivery people for the new 7NOW delivery app.
- ACE HARDWARE— The hardware chain and it’s independent retailers plan to hire more than 30,000 people across the U.S. Full-time, part-time and seasonal positions are available.
- ALLIED UNIVERSAL: Hiring 60+ Miami government security professionals. The company is holding an open house event on October 15, October 21, October 22, October 28, October 29, November 4, November 5 and November 11 from 1 pm to 4:30 pm at at their branch office at 7200 NW 19th Street, Suite #600 in Miami. Applicants can apply online at this link
- AMAZON–Nationally hiring 100,00 new roles in fulfillment centers and in its delivery network. The company is also increasing hourly pay for United States workers by $2/hour.
- AMERISAVE MORTGAGE CORPORATION – Seeking 250-300 new members in the greater Miami area. They are looking for loan officers, mortgage underwriters, loan processors, mortgage specialists, technology roles and customer care positions among others.
- BROWARD ELECTIONS DEPARTMENT – The Broward County Supervisor of Elections is in need of election day workers for the primary election on August 18 and the general election on Nov. 3. If you are a Broward County resident interested in earning up to $325 per day, apply now.
- SFM SERVICES: Seeking to fill landscaping, janitorial and security guard positions in Broward and Miami-Dade.
Broward positions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (954) 330-6497
Miami-Dade positions: Email email@example.com or call (786) 369-6510
- BYTEDANCE: TikTok’s parent company is hiring more than 10,000 people.
- CAO BAKERY & CAFE –Seeking hard workers who are interested in the restaurant and hospitality industry. Positions include managers, front of house staff, cooks and cake decorators. A formal resume is not required. Locations include Hallandale, South Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Kendall, Pinecrest, Bird Road, Coral Way, Flagler, North Miami Beach, Hollywood, Sunset.
- CITY OF MIAMI OPPORTUNITY CENTER is working with employers who are hiring. Jobs include licensed electricians, security gurds, warehouse workers, fork lift operators, stockers, delivery drivers, correctional and probation officers and much more. Click here for more information. You can send your resume and include position you are applying for to: OpportunityCenterInfo@miamigov.com
- C&S WHOLESALE GROCERS – is hiring overnight warehouse selectors, transportation safety specialist, forklift operator, experienced overnight freezer case selector and experienced overnight case selector.
- CHEWY: Hiring 10,000 people to help it meet increased demand.
- CITY FURNITURE: Seeking sales associates for all locations.
- COSTCO— has opened up a seasonal hiring period to help with the increase in demand.
- COVANTA: A company that provides sustainable waste and energy solutions is seeking to fill positions for its operations roles in their Miami and Palm Beach based locations.
- CULMIN STAFFING – The company is looking to fill 100 positions immediately in the area of Miami Lakes and Miami Gardens. The positions are in production, packing, shipping, receiving, and order processing. Two shifts available.
Positions are full time and incentives offered. For more information and to schedule an appointment, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- CVS— plans to immediately fill 50,000 jobs across the U.S. company needs more store associates, home delivery drivers, distribution center employees, and customer service professionals.
- CURALEAF – The medical cannabis company operating 28 dispensaries across the state, is looking to fill several positions in the South Florida – Cutler Bay, Homestead, Miami and Tamarac.
- DOLLAR GENERAL— The low-cost retailer plans to double its typical hiring rate and hire 50.000 workers by the end of April.
- DOLLAR TREE— Hiring cashiers, stockers, warehouse associates, part-time and full-time management nationwide
- DOMINO’S— Has also announced it is hiring across the country.
- DXC TECHNOLOGY – Hiring for a research position. Must have an annuities background and must receive a Series 6 securities license within six months.
- FAMILY DOLLAR— With the company suspending online orders due to COVID-19 the chain is in need of employees to work in retail locations.
- FEDEX: Hiring 35,000 people for essential roles.
- GAP INC.: Hiring seasonal associates to help support fulfillment centers, customer contact centers, and Old Navy, Athleta, Gap, Banana Republic, Intermix and Janie and Jack stores.
Hiring process is virtual. Applicants can apply online for any role.
- GOODWILL SOUTH FLORIDA: Seeking to add 125 people to its Paid Training Program that leads to full-time and part-time positions for people with disabilities and other work barriers. Anyone interested in receiving more information should call 305-326-4226, or click here.
- FLORIDA BLUE: (Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Florida) – Hiring hundreds of seasonal Licensed Health Insurance Sales Agents. These inbound sales roles are full-time and 100%; plus, product training and equipment will be provided. Compensation is an hourly wage plus bonuses tied to sales.
- HOME DEPOT: Hiring more than 400 hourly associates in Miami stores. Roles include customer service, helping to reinforce social distancing measures, freight and filling online and curbside orders.
- IBEW Local 340 – All levels of electricians. Visit the link and fill out an interest form and you will be contacted with details about how to proceed.
- INKTEL CONTACT CENTER SOLUTIONS: Seeking to fill variety of roles in four South Florida locations including Customer Service Representatives, Supervisors, Operations Managers and Recruiting Managers.
- INSTACART— This gig-economy company is hiring 300,000 workers who shop at grocery stores for its customers then deliver the goods to their house.
- LOWES: Hiring 30,000 employees to meet the demand created by the coronavirus.
- LINDSTROM AC/PLUMBING – Hiring for all positions including customer service reps, HVAC technicians, installers, plumbers, part runners and more.
- MIAMI-DADE COUNTY PARKS – is hiring part-time Seasonal Program Assistants. Applicants should possess leadership, interpersonal skills and the ability to build a collaborative and positive environment in Miami-Dade County Parks’ facilities.
- MIAMI-DADE ELECTIONS DEPARTMENT – is seeking to fill over 1,000 positions from now until the Presidential Election in November. Pay starts at just over $17.00 per hour with potential for overtime.
- PAPA JOHN’S— The pizza chain is planning to add an additional 20,000 new workers. With “most” applicants starting on the same day.
- PEPSICO— The company said it will hire 6,000 full-time, full benefit workers across the U.S. in the coming months.
- PIZZA HUT— Hiring for more than 30,000 jobs nationwide. Available jobs include drivers, cooks, shift leaders, restaurant managers and call center workers.
- POSTMATES— With the increase in delivery service they are in need of “fleet members” to deliver groceries, takeout and more.
- SPROUTS FARMERS MARKET – Holding virtual hiring fair with video interviews on May 13 and 14 for positions at its new store in Miramar which opens June 24.
- SUPPORT.COM— Offering numerous remote work and work-from-home positions.
- TARGET– 9,000 jobs are currently listed nationally.
- TRULY NOLEN PEST CONTROL is hiring for positions in South Florida and throughout the country.
Openings range from Call Center Customer Service Representatives in the company’s headquarters in Tucson to sales support and service technicians at multiple service offices across South Florida.
- TTEC: Hiring people to fill 10,000 work-from-home roles.
- TROPIC SUPPLY is seeking to fill full-time positions including warehouse associates, counter sales professionals, outside sales representatives and local delivery drivers statewide and in South Florida.
- UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI/UHEALTH – Seeking Oncology/Chemotherapy Registered Nurses, OR Registered Nurses, ED Registered Nurses, Critical Care Registered Nurses, Critical Care Techs, Surgical Techs, Ophthalmic Techs, Environmental Service Techs, Cooks, Patient Transporters, Food Service Workers
- USPS – The Post Office is hiring for the position of carrier, clerk, mail handler, truck driver, and custodian in West Sacramento.
- WALGREEN’S— The company has announced it will be adding 9,500 full- and part-time and temporary roles in stores across the U.S.
- WALMART— plans to hire 150,000 temporary workers to keep up with demand.
- WALMART DISTRIBUTION CENTER— supply chain jobs at Walmart are also available.
- WESS: Hiring 500 temporary customer service agents in Miami-Dade County area. Agents will be trained to support local authorities in crowd control and physical distancing efforts.