Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter

Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter

READ MORE: Activists Say Hundreds Of Cuban Protesters Have Been Arrested Since Anti-Regime Demonstrations Broke Out

MIAMI (CBSMiami) – An early morning fire has forced a family out of their southwest Miami-Dade home.

Marilyn Montoto who lives in the home at 2940 SW 63rd Street with her parents said the fire sparked inside a utility closet in the garage. She said got a call from her mom.

“My mom smelled smoke,” she said. “The last thing I heard was that there was a little bit of smoke in the house.”

READ MORE: Broward County School Board Votes Unanimously To Make Mask Use Mandatory For Start Of School Year

By the time Montoto got there, she said the flames were raging and fire trucks were everywhere.

“The breaker went out and started making noises. My dad got near it and once he got near it, it started to go up in flames. So, of course, he called the emergency (number) immediately and the rest of the neighbors also called the emergency immediately,” said Montoto.

Montoto said her parents, who are in their 80s, live in the home with her 99-year-old grandmother. Everyone made it out of the home safely.

The Red Cross has found the family somewhere to stay, at least temporarily.

MORE NEWS: Teen's Death Investigation Continues After No Hazardous Materials Found In West Park Home

Montoto fears the home may be a total loss.