MIAMI (CBSMiami) — If you need a flu shot, you can get it for free today in parts of South Florida.READ MORE: Living Large: 1000 Museum Boasts Penthouse With South Florida's Only Helipad
Whether you have insurance or not, adults can get a shot at five Florida Blue Centers in South Florida including:
- Miami/The Falls – 8895 S.W. 136th Street, Miami 33176
- Hialeah – 1001 W. 49th Street Suite #8, Hialeah 33012
- North Miami/Keystone Plaza -13665 Biscayne Boulevard, North Miami 33181
- Fort Lauderdale/Sawgrass – 1970 Sawgrass Mills Circle, Sunrise 33323
- Boynton Beach – 1501 N. Congress Avenue, Boynton Beach 33426
Even if you are not a Florida Blue member, you can get a flu shot for free.
The CDC, or Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, estimates about 140,000 to 710,000 people have been hospitalized due to the flu since 2010.READ MORE: 'To Police Well, You Have To Be Well Yourself:' Program Addresses Officer Mental Health
About 12,000 to 56,000 were estimated to have died from the flu.
Medical officials will be giving shots until 1 p.m.
Those with insurance plans who go to get a shot are asked to bring their membership cars and photo ID.MORE NEWS: Police: Glades Middle School Teacher Arrested After Pursuing Romantic Relationship With Former Student
Click here to read more about the flu.