Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter

DORAL (CBSMiami) — Nearly a dozen people were taken to the hospital following reports of carbon monoxide poisoning at a commercial kitchen in Doral.

READ MORE: Gov. Ron DeSantis Signs Bill Targeting Fentanyl, Meth Dealers

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue was called out after employees from Shape Lovers at 5485 N.W. 79th Avenue began feeling light-headed.

“When the manager or the owner arrived, they noticed that one of the bells that’s used to exhaust the fumes in the kitchen area, where they’re cooking, was making some noise. So they did call for service. And the service repair technician was actually here when we arrived, but nonetheless, the workers were complaining that they felt sick,” said Chief Andy Alvarez.

READ MORE: Affordable Housing Art Deco Style In Little Havana

Crews in hazmat suits checked the area and tested air levels.

“When they started checking the employees, they had multiple complaints,” said Battalion Chief Jorge Campa. “So they monitored the area, they checked for the levels and found high levels of carbon monoxide. Determined that it was a gas leak in the structure.”

MORE NEWS: Residents Living Near Sharp Curve Along NW 87 Terrace Fed Up With Constant Crashes

A total of 16 people were treated for symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning. 11 were evaluated further at the hospital. All are considered in stable condition.