Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter

KEY WEST, Fla. (CBSMiami/AP) —  An employee at a Key West bar is suing Backstreet Boys singer Nick Carter over a brawl that broke out – resulting in Carter’s arrest.

READ MORE: CBS4 Exclusive: Former Broward Sheriff Scott Israel Calls Scot Peterson's Press Conference On His Deposition 'Fictional'

Skylar Carden is accusing Carter of battery in the lawsuit filed Monday. Carden claims Carter struck and punched him earlier this month at the Hog’s Breath Saloon. The lawsuit says Carter and a friend were escorted out of the bar because of unruly behavior and Carden told them not to return.

Related: Former Backstreet Boy Busted In Keys Bar Fight

READ MORE: Miami Beach City Commission Unanimously Approves Dedicating Baseball Field After Surfside Condo Collapse Victim Manny LaFont

Carter previously pleaded not guilty to a misdemeanor battery charge and was released on $1,500 bail. A judge ordered Carter not to return to the bar. Carter has said he was just enjoying some vacation time.

Carden’s attorney Mark DiCowden says a jury will decide the amount of damages in the lawsuit.

MORE NEWS: Parkland Parent Max Schachter Donates $25,000 To Marjory Stoneman Douglas Orchestra To ‘Keep Alex's Memory Alive’

(TM and © Copyright 2016 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2016 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)