MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Those planning on ringing in the new year alongside the Big Orange in Bayfront Park will have more public transportation options this year.
The Metrobus, Metrorail and Metromover will be running on extended holiday hours for New Year’s Eve celebrations.
The Metrorail and Metromover services will be extended until 4 a.m. Parking lots at Metrorail stations will be open through the following day as well.
Metrobus Services will have added routes serving Miami Beach, Biscayne Boulevard, Southwest 8th St., Flagler St., NW 7th Ave., South Miami-Dade Busway, and Kendall Dr.
- Additional bus service will be provided on Route S (Route 119) and the Beach MAX (Route 120), serving Miami Beach
- There will be more bus service added to Routes 3 and 16 in the area of Biscayne Boulevard; Route 11, along Flagler St., and Route 8, along Southwest 8th St.
- There will also be additional bus service provided on routes serving downtown Miami, as well as Dadeland North and Dadeland South Stations
- All 95 Express routes to Golden Glades and Broward County will be departing from Downtown Miami starting at 12 p.m., earlier than their regular scheduled times, in order to accommodate commuters leaving work early
- Additional MDT Supervisors will be assigned to the following locations to assist passengers during New Year’s Eve festivities:o Government Center Station
o Downtown Metrobus Terminal
o MDC Wolfson Campus
o Omni Terminal
o Dadeland North Station
o Dadeland South Station
As for the following day, the Metrobus, Metrorail and Metromover will be operating on a Sunday schedule with weekday only routes. Weekday only routes, such as the I-95 Dade-Broward Express and the I-95 Express going to Golden Glades, will not be providing service.
To plan your route, click here.