Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter

FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Three Coconut Creek police officers, accused of using a stun gun on an unarmed man who died, are back on the streets.

READ MORE: Miami Weather: Chilly Start, Warm Afternoon With Plenty Of Sun

A lawyer representing the officers said an internal investigation into the February incident found no evidence of wrongdoing, according to the Sun-Sentinel.

Calvon Reid, 39, was reportedly shocked multiple times by the three Coconut Creek Police officers in the parking lot of the Wynmoor Condos in February. He died in custody two days later.

Reid’s mother Mamie Reid is infuriated.

“They killed our son.  There’s no nice way of saying it,” said Mamie. “We would like to criminally charge. We’d like to see them punished for what they’ve done.”

CLICK HERE To Watch Ted Scouten’s Report

The officers were on administrative duty but not anymore.

“The Coconut Creek Police Department has completed their investigation and has turned the case over to the State Attorney’s Office,” the department said. “The three officers returned to their duties on Tuesday, June 9th.”

Bonnie and John Arendale saw what happened.  They were stunned to learn the officers are back on the street.  They said Reid was calling for help that night when three officers tased him.

“It’s disturbing to have watched that,” said Bonnie. “It’s alarming. They’re the bad guys now, to me and that’s scary.”

READ MORE: Pirates Send Gold Glove Catcher Jacob Stallings To Miami

What has the Arendale, Reid family and their attorney baffled is the fact that the department the officers work for is the very department investigating them, clearing them to get back in uniform.

“We’ve never thought that Coconut Creek is the appropriate agency to be conducting this investigation. No else gets to investigate themselves,” said Reid’s Attorney Jarrett Blakeley.

Police initially refused to release details on the death but they said that Reid was agitated and violent when he encountered the officers.

Reid’s mother Mamie says she believes the police were never straight with her family about Calvon’s death.

“What are we to believe,” she said. “It seems as if there had been a cover up, trying to keep us from the truth.”

Reid’s death certificate says he died from complications of an electro-muscular disruption device or Taser. The death certificate also mentions other significant conditions contributing to Reid’s death including cocaine, alcohol and a heart condition.

The Broward County Medical Examiner’s Office ruled that the manner of his death was homicide.

In March, the officers were assigned to “inside duty” while the incident was investigated. Police Chief Michael Mann resigned.

The Broward State Attorney’s Office, which is reviewing the case, will decide if it will be presented to a grand jury for a decision on charges.

MORE NEWS: Busy 2021 Hurricane Season Comes To An End

“I know our son has not done anything wrong, yet he has been electrocuted by policemen and they have still not taken responsibility for their actions,” said Mamie.

Ted Scouten