MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Thousands of people, from 881 South Florida companies, headed to Downtown Thursday for the 30th Annual Mercedes-Benz Corporate Run.READ MORE: Man Injured By Jaguar At Florida Zoo
CBS4 is a proud sponsor of the race, which a record-breaking 28,000 runners and walkers are expected to attend.
The race starts, at 6:45 PM, in front of Bayfront Park and will make its way downtown, with the finish line on Biscayne Boulevard and NE 2nd Street.
Some people are returning runners.READ MORE: Florida Students FSA Test Scores Fall In COVID Slide
“This is my second time doing the race,” said Tymeco Pyles.”Last year it was amazing. It was so many people out here just ready to run all around.”
Others are getting into the action for the first time.
“This is my first time. I’m really excited I have a goal for ourselves. We’re gonna try to do it in under 40 minutes,” said Tiffany Lusan.
Traffic delays—especially in and around Downtown Miami. Streets closed Thursday afternoon and will reopen by 11 p.m.MORE NEWS: Florida K-9 Helps His Handler With Gender Reveal
The following road closures will be in effect for the run, from 6:45 PM to 8:30 PM:
- SE 3rd Street from Biscayne Boulevard to SE 3rd Avenue
- SE 3rd Avenue from SE 3rd Street to SE 2nd Street
- SE 2nd Street from SE 3rd Avenue to NW North River Drive
- NW 4th Street from NW North River Drive to NW 5 Avenue
- NW 5th Avenue from NW 4th Street to NW 6th Street
- NW 4th Avenue fron NW 6th Street to NW 3rd Street
- NW 3rd Street from NW 4th Avenue to NW North Miami Avenue
- North Miami Avenue from NW 3rd Street to NW 2nd Street
- NW 2nd Street from North Miami Avenue to NE 2nd Avenue
- NE 2nd Avenue from NE 2nd Street to NE 4th Street
- NE 4th Street from NE 2nd Avenue to Biscayne Boulevard