Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter

TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami) – A South Florida father’s push for safer pools after his seven-year old son was electrocuted in the family’s North Miami pool has stalled in Tallahassee.

READ MORE: 2 Hospitalized Following Shooting On Turnpike

Chris Sloan appeared before a Senate committee on Monday advocated a statewide pool safety law. The bill, named after his son Calder, includes a number of measures including outlawing high voltage lighting in private residential pools and inspections of commercial pool grounding systems.

Sloan had hoped to convince lawmakers to push the bill forward. Instead they decided to create a task force to review safety concerns and wait to recommend any changes until next year’s legislative session.

Watch The Report

READ MORE: Miami Weather: Enjoy Cooler Temps, Warmer Trend On The Way

Calder’s death in April 2014 was followed by another shocking incident in Hialeah. Three kids managed to escape their pool when family pulled them out.

CBS4 investigated the incidents and found something alarming, two sets of standards.

Commercial pools were required to carry low voltage lighting which is survivable in an accident. Residential pools though could carry high voltage which can be deadly.

Since the CBS4 investigation, Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach counties have passed legislation to make pools safer by banning high voltage light in new pool construction.

MORE NEWS: Cold Fronts Bring More Than Just Cool Dry Air To South Florida

For more information, visit calderslegacy.com/poolsafety.