MIAMI (CBSMiami) – It’s the time of year again when thousands of runners from all around the world take to the streets of Miami for 13.1, or 26.2 mile tread.
The 13th annual Miami Marathon and Half Marathon is set to begin Sunday at 6:15 a.m.
Runners will begin the race in front of the American Airlines Arena, make their way to Miami Beach, via the MacArthur Caseway, run up Ocean Drive, back over the Venetian Causeway and full marathoners will go as far south as Coconut Grove.
Drivers in the area should be aware of the road closures managed by City of Miami and Miami Beach Police Departments.
There will be a rolling re-opening of the streets following the last runner on the roadway. All runners are estimated to be off the course by 1:30 p.m.
The street closings are as follows:
- Biscayne Blvd (Sat 2/1-Sun 2/2) Northbound SE 4th Street E Flagler Street 9:00 AM 2:00 PM
- MacArthur Causeway Eastbound Biscayne Blvd Alton Rd/5th St 5:00 AM 8:05 AM
- Ocean Drive North/South S. Pointe Drive 15th Street 5:00 AM 8:25 AM
- Dade Blvd Westbound Washington Ave Venetian Cswy 6:10 AM 8:45 AM
- Venetian Causeway Westbound Purdy Ave NE 15th Street 6:15 AM 9:55 AM
- E Flagler Drive East/West N Miami Ave Biscayne Blvd 6:00 AM 11:30 AM
- SW 2nd Ave Southbound SE 2nd Street SW 8th Street 6:35 AM 10:30 AM
- SW 8th Street Eastbound SW 2nd Ave SW 1st Ave 6:45 AM 10:30 AM
- S Bayshore Drive NB/SB Aviation Ave McFarlane Rd 7:00 AM 11:35 AM
- Grand Ave Westbound Mary St Commodore Plaza 7:00 AM 11:40 AM
- Brickell Ave Northbound SE 7th Street SE 4th Street 5:00 AM 1:30 PM