TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami) – Florida has now surpassed New York as the third most populous state in the country according to new numbers released on Tuesday by U.S. Census Bureau.
From July 1st, 2013 to July 1st, 2014, Florida’s population grew by 293,000 – reaching 19.9 million. In that same span, New York only increased by 51,000 to 19.7 million.
Florida is still way behind the two powerhouses at the top of the list. California retained the number one seed with 38.8 million residents. And since everything is bigger in Texas, they sit at number two with 27.0 million residents.
Another milestone took place in eighth ranked Georgia, which saw its population surpass 10 million for the first time.
- ICE Contractor Accused Of Wanting To Fulfill “Daddy-Daughter” Sex Fantasy Caught In Sting
- Iconic South Florida Chef Norman Van Aken Brings Talents To Wynwood With “Three”
- Police Need Help Finding Missing Woman
- Two County Chase Ends With Two People In Custody
- Truck Wedged Under I-395 Overpass May Have Damaged Highway