FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – An arrest has been made in a deadly bus stop hit and run crash in Deerfield Beach.
It happened Sunday just before 7 p.m. in the 1400-block of West Sample Road.
Jamie Lynn Honaker, 41, was sitting at a county bus stop when she was struck by a GMC Safari.
The van, which jumped the curb, was driven by 56-year old Mark Jusevic, according to the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
After the crash, investigators said Jusevic continued driving west on West Sample Road for about two blocks. His van had extensive front end damage and a flat tire as a result of the crash.
When fire rescue arrived, they pronounced Honaker dead on the scene.
Investigators said Jusevic exhibited signs of impairment when speaking with detectives.
He’s been charged with DUI manslaughter, failure to render aid, failure to remain at an accident scene involving a death and failure to use due car.
- DeSantis Appoints Richard Corcoran Education Commissioner
- Reward Offered For Information In Deadly Kendale Lakes Shooting
- Martin Co. Father Shot, Killed Son Who Had Brother In A Choke Hold
- Time Is Running Out To Ship Those Christmas Gifts
- South Florida Lawmakers Discuss What To Do About Chaos In Venezuela