PORT ST. LUCIE (CBSMiami/AP) — Days after an elderly man was rescued after driving his car into a Port St. Lucie lake, police said he died.
Officials say 92-year old Salvatore Mancuso died Friday at a Port St. Lucie hospital, two days he crashed his car into a lake less than a half-mile from his home. Three Good Samaritans jumped into the lake and worked to rescue Mancuso. They pulled him to shore and gave him CPR until rescue units arrived and took him to the hospital.
It was about 1 p.m. on Wednesday when Mancuso’s silver Lincoln went over the median, skipped a curb and landed in the lake. Two men saw the crash from a restaurant and ran to help. Another man who was walking by joined them.
An autopsy will be conducted to determine the cause of death.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Several Miami-Dade Cities Still Without Police Contracts To Have Full-Time Officers In Schools
- Aretha Franklin Had Strong Roots In South Florida
- Chris King Launches ‘Fearless In Florida’ Tour In His Bid For Governor
- Hallandale Beach Mayor Facing Backlash Over Sphincter Bleaching Comments To Female Commissioner
- Missing Child Alert Canceled For Dade City Kids