Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter
PORT ST. LUCIE (CBSMiami/AP) — Days after an elderly man was rescued after driving his car into a Port St. Lucie lake, police said he died.
Officials say 92-year old Salvatore Mancuso died Friday at a Port St. Lucie hospital, two days he crashed his car into a lake less than a half-mile from his home. Three Good Samaritans jumped into the lake and worked to rescue Mancuso. They pulled him to shore and gave him CPR until rescue units arrived and took him to the hospital.
It was about 1 p.m. on Wednesday when Mancuso’s silver Lincoln went over the median, skipped a curb and landed in the lake. Two men saw the crash from a restaurant and ran to help. Another man who was walking by joined them.
An autopsy will be conducted to determine the cause of death.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Woman Says Senior Clergyman Told Her She Had Been ‘Touched By God’ And To ‘Keep Quiet’
- Police ID Attempted Murder Suspect Shot, Killed By Law Enforcement Outside Fort Lauderdale Mosque
- Broward Sheriff’s Deputy’s Act Of Kindness Caught On Camera
- Memorial Day On Miami Beach Brings National Salute To Military With Air & Sea Show
- Small Plane Headed To Fort Lauderdale Crashes Into Atlantic Ocean