FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami/AP) – Gregory B. Moore, the accused carjacker and gunman who shot two people, faces a December 18th arraignment on federal charges.
On Thursday, a judge set the date for Moore to enter a plea. An initial court appearance for Moore was postponed when he appeared incoherent in the courtroom. Moore is charged with carjacking and use of a weapon in a felony.
The FBI says Moore on Tuesday initially commandeered two vehicles, driving the second to a Hallandale Beach insurance business where his ex-girlfriend works. Investigators say Moore shot her and her male companion after they drove up, killing the man. Their names haven’t yet been released.
Moore escaped immediate capture but was arrested Wednesday at a train station.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Democratic Candidates Debate For Congressional Seat Held By Retiring Ros-Lehtinen
- Florida Gov. Scott Contributes $13.5M To His Senate Campaign
- Deputies Searching For Man Accused Of Killing Store Clerk
- Marjory Stoneman Douglas Survivors Speak Out About Media Coverage Of Shooting
- Miami-Dade Defers Vote To Decide On Transportation Dilemma Until Late August