Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter
NORTHWEST MIAMI-DADE (CBSMiami) – A traffic crash killed two drivers early Sunday morning, Miami-Dade police reported.
While police were investigating just after 4:00 a.m., a driver who officials said had been drinking drove through the accident scene at a high rate of speeding nearly hitting several people.
A dog was struck by the driver and killed, police said.
According to officials, the driver of a Nissan X-Terra was traveling northbound on NW 32 Avenue when it was hit by a Hyundai that did not stop for a red light at NW 54 Street.
The drivers of both vehicles died at the scene.
Witnesses said an older model white pick-up truck with blue lettering was at the scene at the time of the crash.
Investigators would like to speak with the driver of the truck to seek further information regarding the crash.
The names of the two people killed have not been released.
The driver of the Nissan Maxima, 29-year-old Juan Frias, who drove through the crash scene was located several blocks away and arrested for DUI.
Anyone with information about the pick-up truck can call Crime Stoppers at (305) 471-TIPS.
- Want To Grow Veggies In Your Front Yard? Florida Senate Passes Vegetable Garden Bill
- Smokeable Marijuana Hits The Market In Florida
- Marjory Stoneman Douglas Principal Ty Thompson Under Investigation
- Motorcyclist Involved In Hit And Crash Dies
- Former Middle School Teacher Facing More Sexual Battery Charges