MIAMI (CBSMiami) — Miami-Dade County Police have made a second arrest in an armed home invasion which left a 20-year old man in a wheelchair.
Detectives said the found Quinton Grate, 20, on Thursday and arrested him on charges of attempted felony murder, armed kidnapping, armed burglary and armed robbery.
His arrest comes just one day after they arrested 21-year old Isaac Glen Coles in connection to the case.
Police said surveillance video shows him in a red sweatshirt and two accomplices smiling just moments before shooting 20-year old Bryan Perez six times.
Coles is also facing the same charges as Grate.
Last week, Perez, who is focusing on his recovery, pleaded for the community’s help to catch the men who tried to push their way into his Northeast Miami-Dade home apparently after valuables in a safe inside.
Perez was shot during the home invasion and robbery which left him with no use of his left leg and minimal use of his right.
Detectives said they are still looking for another person involved in the crime.
Officers have not indicated whether Coles is cooperating with them to help lead them to the other suspect.
[display-posts category=”local” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”5″]