MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A historic Miami bar is closing its doors after 101 years of service under its belt.
Tobacco Road Bar which has offered many locals and visitors food, drinks and live music will be closing on October 25th.
According a spokesperson for the bar, the land its on was bought three years ago by its current owner who gave the bar a three year lease. That lease has now come to an end.
The spokesperson said the land owner has no plans on keeping the bar in that location.
Meantime, the manager of the bar for the last 15 years and employees are trying to raise funds to help them properly remove and keep as many of the historic elements of the bar as possible like the bar top, doors, and neon signs.
The spokesperson said the bar will most likely be moved to another location nearby. The address for that new location has not bee released.
- Florida Legislature Bill Seeks To Impose Stricter Regulations On Cosmetic Procedures
- Liberty City Shooting Injures Two Women
- Children With Specialized Needs Spend Day On Miami Beach
- WWII Vet Leo McLarney Has Passed Away
- Dad Who Dropped Daughter Of Tampa Bridge Claims Insanity