CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) – Miami Hurricanes basketball newcomer Ivan Cruz Uceda will be ineligible for the first half of the season due to an NCAA rule requiring enrollment one year after high school graduation.
The Hurricanes said Wednesday that Cruz Uceda, a forward, will be able to practice while he’s ineligible. He’ll be available to play for the first time against Duke on Jan. 13.
A native of Madrid, Cruz Uceda played two seasons at Harcum College.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hurricanes Guard Lonnie Walker Taken By Spurs In 1st Round Of NBA Draft
- ‘I’m Very Excited’: Gino DiMare Introduced As New UM Head Baseball Coach
- Morris, Canes Held Out Of NCAA Baseball Tournament; Gators Top Seed
- Hurricanes’ Huell To Skip Draft And Return For Junior Season
- Mark Richt’s Contract With University of Miami Extended Through 2023