CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) – Miami Hurricanes basketball newcomer Ivan Cruz Uceda will be ineligible for the first half of the season due to an NCAA rule requiring enrollment one year after high school graduation.
The Hurricanes said Wednesday that Cruz Uceda, a forward, will be able to practice while he’s ineligible. He’ll be available to play for the first time against Duke on Jan. 13.
A native of Madrid, Cruz Uceda played two seasons at Harcum College.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Former Hurricanes Running Back Mark Walton Arrested On Battery Charges In Miami
- National Signing Day Looking Good For Manny Diaz And The Hurricanes
- New Hurricanes Quarterback Tate Martell Arrives In South Florida
- Here’s The 2019 Schedule For Manny Diaz’s New-Look Hurricanes
- Wide Receiver Jeff Thomas Says He’s Returning To Miami