CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) – Miami Hurricanes basketball newcomer Ivan Cruz Uceda will be ineligible for the first half of the season due to an NCAA rule requiring enrollment one year after high school graduation.
The Hurricanes said Wednesday that Cruz Uceda, a forward, will be able to practice while he’s ineligible. He’ll be available to play for the first time against Duke on Jan. 13.
A native of Madrid, Cruz Uceda played two seasons at Harcum College.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Top Basketball Recruits Anthony Walker, Isaiah Wong Sign With Hurricanes
- Marshall Leads Georgia Tech Past Fumble-Prone Miami, 27-21
- Not So Big Three: Canes, Noles And Gators All Lose, Again
- Field At Hard Rock Stadium Will Be “NFL-Quality Surface” For Dolphins-Jets Game
- AD: Hurricanes ‘In A Good Spot’ In Wake Of Corruption Trial