MIAMI (CBSMiami) – CPR Day Miami is this Saturday, and several locations will be hosting free CPR training.
The American Red Cross is collaborating with Miami-Dade Fire Rescue, Jackson Health System, Miami-Dade County Public Schools, University of Miami and the American Heart Association to teach these life saving skills.
On Saturday, September 6th, several locations will be open for training. The locations will start at 8 a.m. and end at 5 p.m.
Pamela Rauseo is a prime example for why residents should learn CPR. She made national headlines last February when she saved her 5-month-old nephew on a busy Miami highway using CPR.
Rauseo will be helping at the Red Cross Miami Chapter on 335 S.W. 27 Avenue.
For those in Coral Gables, the University of Miami will be hosting in their Fieldhouse at the BankUnited Center, located on 1245 Dauer Drive.
Notable officials at the UM event includes: Miami-Dade Fire Chief Dave Downey, Jackson Memorial Hospital CEO Carlos Migoya, Dade County Public School Superintendent Alberto Carvalho and University of Miami President Donna Shalala.
Other locations hosting on Saturday are:
- Michael M. Krop Senior High School; 1410 N.E. 215 Street, Miami, FL 33179
- John A. Ferguson Senior High School; 15900 S.W. 56 Street, Miami, FL 33185
- Coral Reef Senior High School; 10101 S.W. 152 Street, Miami, FL 33157
- Booker T. Washington Senior High School; 1200 N.W. Sixth Avenue, Miami, FL 33136
- Hialeah Gardens Senior High School; 11700 Hialeah Gardens Boulevard, Hialeah Gardens, FL 33018
- Greater Miami & The Keys Chapter of the American Red Cross; 335 S.W. 27 Avenue, Miami, FL 33135
- Enrollment Period Opens To Buy Health Insurance Through Federal Marketplace
- Child Is First Death In Florida’s Flu Season
- ‘This Is A Huge Deal’: Researcher On New Migraine Drug
- Doctors Warn Of C-Section ‘Epidemic’ As Global Rates Double
- Understanding Health Effects Of Red Tide As South Florida Beaches Feel Toxic Impact