GAINESVILLE (AP) — Florida has suspended receiver Demarcus Robinson and defensive tackles Jay-nard Bostwick and Darious Cummings for Saturday’s season opener against Idaho.
Coach Will Muschamp says Robinson was suspended “due to a university sanction that is now resolved.” Robinson was suspended the final two games of last season, so sitting out against the Vandals is carry-over discipline. Robinson caught five passes for 23 yards in 2013.
Bostwick and Cummings won’t play because of an undisclosed violation of team rules. Cummings is the only starter among the three.
Muschamp says “we have rules here that we have to follow — team, athletic department and university rules — and when you don’t follow them, there are consequences.”
Muschamp adds that he expects all three to return next week against Eastern Michigan.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hurricanes Guard Lonnie Walker Taken By Spurs In 1st Round Of NBA Draft
- Defend The Territory: Florida Panthers Release Full 2018-19 Schedule
- NASCAR Driver’s Father Rushed Onto Track To Pull Him From Burning Car
- NFL Players Respond To President Trump’s Request For Names Of People To Pardon
- The Best NBA Draft Pick Ever From Each Slot