FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A precautionary Boil Water Advisory has been issued for a section of Ft. Lauderdale.
Due to private contractors who accidentally broke a water line, businesses and residents along Fiesta Way (NE 20th Avenue), from Las Olas Boulevard to the Rio Barcelona Canal are under a precautionary boil water notice.
Those who live and work in the impacted area are advised that all water used for drinking, cooking, making ice, brushing teeth, or washing dishes be boiled. A rolling boil of one minute should be sufficient.
The water is just fine for bathing, laundry and irrigation. All fixtures should be run for several minutes to clear the lines.
Ft. Lauderdale officials said the boil water notice will remain in effect until it is safe to drink.
- Florida Firefighters Rescue 7 Stuck On Orlando Amusement Ride
- Large Crowd Gathers In Homestead To Protest Florida Detention Center For Unaccompanied Minor Immigrants
- Police Investigating After Miami Pool Party Interrupted By Gunfire
- Parkland Mother Lori Alhadeff Hosts Potential Life Saving ‘Stop The Bleed’ Training Class
- 1 Dead, 1 Injured As Police Continue Investigating Northwest Miami-Dade Shooting