DANIA BEACH (CBSMiami) — Broward Sheriff’s Deputies announced the name of the suspect involved in a shooting that left a 19-year old dead and another person injured in front of a Dania Beach apartment complex on Friday.
Officials believe Devontae Deas, 21, is the suspect deputies believe is responsible. He faces one charge of first-degree murder and one charge of attempted murder.
Authorities said they responded to a report of a shooting just before 11:00 p.m. at the Gulfstream Apartments located at 46 N.W. 10 Court.
Once they arrived, they found two men with gunshot wounds lying on the ground in front of the building.
Brandon Jones, 19, of Fort Lauderdale, was declared dead shortly after.
His friend, who’s has not been identified for security reasons, is expected to survive.
Anyone with information is urged to call Broward Crime Stoppers at (954) 493-TIPS.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for information that leads to an arrest.
- Florida Lawmaker To Tour ‘Tender Age’ Shelter For Immigrant Children In Cutler Bay
- Man Shot, As Many As 17 Times, In Drive-By Shooting In NW Miami-Dade
- Rally Held In Fort Lauderdale Against Trump Administration Family Separation Policy
- Parkland Students Hold ‘Road To Change’ Event In Miami Beach
- Police Name Suspect In Shooting Outside Miami Gardens Family Dollar