FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A childish dare has landed a Ft. Lauderdale seven-year old in hot water after he set a room in his house on fire.
When firefighters arrived at the home at 2332 NW 16th Court on Saturday, Aug. 2nd, just before noon they found thick smoke coming from it. They quickly attacked the fire and were able to contain it to one room of origin.
In talking several people who had been inside the home when the fire started, fighters learned that one of the children, egged on by a sibling, lit a pack of firecrackers, threw them under a TV stand in a bedroom and ran outside.
Damage to the home was kept to a minimum and the fire was extinguished quickly. The boy responsible for the fire was referred to a Juvenile Fire setter program by the Fort Lauderdale Fire Marshall’s office.
- Marijuana-Based Drug Approved By FDA
- Final Days: All Toys R Us Stores To Be Closed By Friday
- Walgreens Pharmacist Refuses To Fill Woman’s Prescription To Induce A Miscarriage
- Study: 25 Kids Treated Every Hour For Bicycle-Related Injuries
- Man Shot, As Many As 17 Times, In Drive-By Shooting In NW Miami-Dade