HOBIE BEACH (CBSMiami) – Beach visitors are often worried about sharks in saltwater.
However, Saturday afternoon, it was an alligator that showed up at Hobie Beach off of the Rickenbacker Causeway and had people jumping.
The large reptile was captured by a wildlife official.
CBS4 reached out to authorities confirmed the reptile is an alligator and not a crocodile.
Chief Meteorologist Craig Setzer was driving by the scene and snapped a photo.
It’s not clear where it will be taken now.
No one was injured.
If you see news happening, send your photos to email@example.com.
- Broward School Board Hears Initial Security Assessment From Firm Hired After Parkland Shooting
- Report Details Sexual Abuse By More Than 300 Catholic Priests In Pennsylvania
- Bernie Sanders Campaigning For Andrew Gillum In Florida
- Miami-Dade Police Lieutenant Arrested For Grand Theft, Insurance Fraud
- Mysterious Liquids Make TSA Officers Ill At Orlando International Airport