MIAMI (CBSMiami) – A fugitive, who is a convicted murderer from Antigua, was captured in Florida.
Dorn Vacklyn Webster, 53, was arrested Thursday morning by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s (ICE) Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) officers during a joint operation by ERO Miami and the Hallandale Beach Police Department.
Webster is a convicted felon with a 1985 second-degree murder conviction in the U.S. Virgin Islands and two convictions in Florida—one in 2001 for fraud and a burglary charge in 2002.
Webster has been on the ERO most wanted fugitives list since January.
“Protecting public safety by identifying and removing dangerous criminal fugitives from our communities is the top priority of our fugitive operations teams,” said Michael Meade, acting field office director for ERO Miami, is quoted as saying in a press release. “A convicted murderer and one of our most wanted fugitives, Mr. Webster is in custody awaiting removal from the United States. This wouldn’t be possible without the hard work of our officers and the Hallandale Beach Police Department.”
ERO has removed more than 720 foreign fugitives from the United States who were being sought in their country for serious crimes—including kidnapping, rape and murder. ERO works with Homeland Security Investigations’ (HIS) Office of International Affairs, foreign consular offices in the US and Interpol to identify foreign fugitives illegally present in the country.
- Congressional Delegation Tours Homestead Facility Housing Migrant Children
- Chotto Matte’s Mouthwatering Nikkei Gyoza Featured In Exclusive Digital Bite
- Nikolas Cruz Told Student, ‘You Better Get Out Of Here’ Before School Shooting
- 2 Accused Of Robbing Store With Suspect’s 4-Year-Old Son Waiting In Getaway Car
- Trump Pushes Back Against Border Separation Uproar