WEST BROWARD (CBSMiami) – Firefighters are back on the scene fighting two fires that were started after a lightning strike Friday afternoon.
The fires are three miles west of US 27 and Krome Avenue according to the Division of Forestry.
The first fire is north and south of a local landmark known as Mack’s Fish Camp.
Firefighters report 12,700 acres have burned.
Neither of the fires is threatening additional structures and roads are not closed in the area, authorities said.
Watch the report, click here.
- Florida Lawmaker To Tour ‘Tender Age’ Shelter For Immigrant Children In Cutler Bay
- Man Shot, As Many As 17 Times, In Drive-By Shooting In NW Miami-Dade
- Rally Held In Fort Lauderdale Against Trump Administration Family Separation Policy
- Parkland Students Hold ‘Road To Change’ Event In Miami Beach
- Police Name Suspect In Shooting Outside Miami Gardens Family Dollar