MIAMI (CBSMiami) — A Miami man who, police say, shot a man while they were arguing faced a judge Friday.
Gilberto Martinez, 28, was arrested on Thursday, June 5th after police said he pulled a gun on two people, shooting one, after they commented over Martinez peeing in front of a home.
According to his arrest report, Jose Martinez and Genaro Merlos had just returned home from the store when they saw Gilberto Martinez urinating in front of their home.
The two men told the Gilberto he should not be doing that because there were small children at the house, according to the report.
Gilberto allegedly took offense to the comment and pulled out a black hand gun, stated the report.
Jose Martinez attempted to run away but was shot three times in the torso area.
Gilberto, then allegedly turned the gun on Merlos and said, “You too,” and pulled the trigger.
According to the report, Merlos, “heard the click of the gun but nothing happened.”
Gilberto then ran away but was later arrested.
Police said Gilberto Martinez later admitted to shooting the Jose Martinez and then leaving the area.
Gilberto Martinez is charged with one count of attempted second degree murder.
A judge on Friday ordered him to be held on $50,000 bound plus house arrest.
- Coast Guard Off Loads 27,000 Pounds Of Cocaine At Miami Beach Station
- Miami Beach PD Enforcing ‘Zero Tolerance’ Policy Over Busy Spring Break Weekend
- Heroes Among Us: Purple Heart Recipient Says Joining Marine Corps Was Best Decision Of His Life
- Two Teens Injured In Miami Shooting
- Driver Charged In Deadly Miami Hit And Run