DANIA BEACH (CBSMiami) — A Dania Beach neighborhood is on high alert after a string of car-break ins early Wednesday morning.
The break-ins occurred near 501 East Dania Beach Boulevard in an apartment complex parking lot and a motel next door.
About a half a dozen cars were broken into in the complex parking lot. Most of them had broken windows.
While only six damaged cars were seen, there appears to have been more than a dozen vandalized cars in total after empty parking spaces were also littered with shattered glass.
One neighbor said he heard some loud noises coming from the parking lot early Wednesday morning, but it wasn’t until the sun came up that he realized what had happened.
“One person or two people can’t do that. They know what they are doing. They selected cars, looked inside and said ‘bingo,'” said resident Oscar Rodriguez.
He says this isn’t the first time residents cars have been vandalized.
Another neighbor also found the break-ins suspicious.
“I’m surprised they didn’t take anything. I had things in my trunk and they didn’t even open it so I don’t know it’s weird, really, really weird,” said resident Alan Urvistondo.
Investigators have not released any information on suspects or a motive.
- Mysterious Liquids Make TSA Officers Ill At Orlando International Airport
- Broward School Board Hears Initial Security Assessment From Firm Hired After Parkland Shooting
- Miami-Dade Police Lieutenant Arrested For Grand Theft, Insurance Fraud
- Broward Teacher, Summer Camp Counselor Accused Of Molesting Girl
- Man Faces Mandatory Life In Prison In Death Of 3-Year-Old Child