MIAMI BEACH (CBSMiami) – As anyone who lives on or visits Miami Beach knows, parking can sometimes be a challenge.
Now the city wants to make it a little easier.
On Monday, May 12th, they’re launching new apps for iPhones or Android cell phones to help drivers find and pay for a parking spot.
To find a spot, use the ParkMe Miami Beach app which provides live information on municipal parking availabilities throughout the city.
Once parked, drivers can use the new ParkMobile app to pay. ParkMobile app user fees will be waived from May 12 -25 as part of an introduction to the new service.
As an introductory to the new service, ParkMobile user fees will be waived between May 12 – 25, 2014.
Registered Miami Beach residents receive 43 percent discount on metered parking in South Beach ($1.00 instead of $1.75 an hour).
ParkMobile ambassadors will be available throughout the week, following the launch, at various on and off-street parking lots.
Both apps (ParkMobile and ParkMe Miami Beach) are free to download.
- Government Released Video Gives First Look Inside Homestead Facility Housing Child Migrants
- President Trump Signs Order To End Family Separations At Border
- Miami-Dade Commissioners Approve Dolphin Expressway Expansion
- Citizens Property Insurance Puts Rate Hikes On Hold
- PayPal Move Blocks Sales Of Controversial “Active Shooter” Video Game