DAVIE (CBSMiami) – The son of a former Miami Dolphins player is keeping it in the family.
Former Illinois wide receiver Ryan Lankford posted on his Twitter account that he had signed with the Dolphins as an undrafted free agent, according to The Sun-Sentinel.
“Looks like I’ll be taking my talents to South Beach! #FinsUp,” Lankford tweeted out.
Ryan’s father, Paul Lankford, played in two Super Bowls with the Dolphins. He retired following the 1991 season after a 10-year career with the team. He was drafted by the Dolphins out of Penn State.
Lankford played in 130 games for the Dolphins from 1982-91, according to the paper. In his For his career, he had 13 interceptions, three fumble recoveries and three sacks.
After four years playing for Illinois, Ryan Lankord’s football days came to an end on a dubious note. He broke a bone in his left shoulder in a game against Michigan State in October, 2013. He finished the season with 15 catches for a little over 300 yards and one touchdown.
During his time at Illinois, Lankford had 70 receptions for 1,014 yards and seven touchdowns, according to the Sun-Sentinel.
- Miami Dolphins Building Toward Coach Brian Flores’ ‘High Expectations’
- Head Coach Brian Flores All Smiles As Pro Bowl Safety Reshad Jones Joins Dolphins For Mandatory Minicamp
- Coach Flores Says Dolphins Are Heading In Right Direction
- Dolphins Sign Defensive Tackle Adolphus Washington
- Kenyan Drake & Kalen Ballage Could Provide A Potent One-Two Punch In The Miami Dolphins Backfield