KEY BISCAYNE (CBSMiami) – Naming a baby is no easy-feat. The Miami Seaquarium, following the birth of a dolphin at the park, launched a social media campaign in search of name—and a name has been chosen!
The Seaquarium created a Facebook contest to name the female dolphin calf born on April 11th. The four options were: Fiji, Bali, Sanibel or Calypso.
Low and behold the social media mass has spoken and the dolphin calf has been named—Calypso.
Calypso is the baby of the fourth calf to mom Panama, a 20-year-old dolphin.
On average, a dolphin calf will weigh anywhere between 35-45 pounds and is 3 ½ to 4 feet long.
In honor of baby Calypso, and with Mother’s Day around the corner, guests who bring in a Mother’s Day card for Panama will receive half-off admission for up to four people on May 10 and 11.
- Universal Reveals Name Of New Harry Potter Coaster In Orlando
- Man Tried To Stop Hit And Run Driver
- Self-Proclaimed ‘Dirty Trickster,’ Roger Stone Due In Court After Controversial Instagram Post
- Truck Goes Off Dolphin Expressway Ramp
- Florida Mayor Accused Of Shooting At SWAT Team When They Tried To Serve A Warrant