MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Some answers in the mess that has become the Miami Dolphins may be coming this week.

Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross will not be meeting with offensive tackle Jonathan Martin this week at the request of the NFL. An earlier report Tuesday said Ross was to meet with Martin in California on Wednesday, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

READ MORE: Broward Commissioner Dale Holness To Run For Late Rep. Alcee Hastings’ Congressional Seat

Ross announced Monday that he would be meeting with Martin, more than a week after the initial scandal between Martin and Richie Incognito went public. But the NFL quickly stepped in to put the kibosh on that meeting.

READ MORE: Wynwood Comes Alive On First Night Countywide Curfew Is Lifted

“Ted Wells and the National Football League have asked that we delay our meeting with Jonathan Martin until they have the opportunity to meet with him first,” Dolphins CEO Tom Garfinkel said in a statement Tuesday. “Out of deference to the process, we will cooperate with their request. We look forward to meeting with Jonathan directly as soon as possible.”

Schefter also reported that after meeting with Ross on Wednesday, Martin will travel to New York to be interviewed by NFL investigator Ted Wells.

MORE NEWS: Stimulus Check Update: Is A Fourth Relief Payment Coming?

Martin has not commented publicly on the situation between himself, the team, and fellow offensive lineman Richie Incognito. Martin walked away from the team last week after an incident in the team’s cafeteria.