FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A family’s home burned Friday night in Fort Lauderdale, but a cat inside was able to be rescued.

The fire happened around 10 p.m. at 547 Northeast 16 Avenue.

READ MORE: Man Sought In NW Miami-Dade Machete Attack

Fire could be seen coming from the roof of the home according to firefighters.

During the response, a propane tank exploded sending flames shooting into the sky.

READ MORE: Pembroke Pines Police Officers Take Oath To 'Serve And Protect' To Next Level With Moving Gesture

A bedroom and a rear covered porch were heavily damaged during the fire.

The cat that was inside the home was taken to a veterinarian and treated for smoke inhalation.

The family members were not at home at the time of the fire and no other injuries were reported.

MORE NEWS: 2 Diners Injured In Partial Deck Collapse At Fort Lauderdale Waterfront Eatery

Firefighters do not have a cause of the fire.