BRISTOL, Conn. (CBSMiami) – A third man has been arrested in connection with the murder that former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez is accused of committing.

Miramar Police spokesman Tania Rues tells CBS4’s Peter D’Oench that 41-year-old Ernest Wallace walked in to the lobby of the Miramar Police Department at 1:20 Friday afternoon and turned himself in.

READ MORE: 2 Doral Police Officers Injured In Shooting Near Miami-Dade Police Headquarters; Suspect Killed ID'd By Police

“He came in to the lobby and told the receptionist who he was and that he was turning himself in,” said Rues. “We were aware that he was armed and dangerous. Numerous officers took him into custody after we verified through the NCIC national data base. It is our understanding that he had been living with his mother who resides in Miramar.”

Rues said Wallace saw his name in news reports and knew he had a warrant for his arrest. He has invoked his right to counsel and has not answered any questions, according to Rues.

Ernest Wallace was arrested and booked after turning himself in. He was wanted in connection in the murder ivestigation involving NFL star Aaron Wallace. (Source: BSO)

Ernest Wallace was arrested and booked after turning himself in. He was wanted in connection in the murder ivestigation involving NFL star Aaron Wallace. (Source: BSO)

Wallace could face a bond court hearing Saturday morning.

Rues also told D’Oench that Miramar Police had received a phone call a few days ago from Massachusetts State Police to be on the lookout for Wallace’s vehicle. Then Miramar received a call that Wallace was in their city.

Massachusetts State Police had issued an alert and wanted poster for Wallace Thursday night saying he was armed and dangerous. Police were looking for a silver or gray 2012 Chrysler 300 with a Rhode Island tag # 451-735 Wallace was seen driving.

According to CBS4, Wallace lived in South Florida before 2003 and most of his family still lives in the area today.

D’Oench stopped at his sister’s home in Northeast Miami-Dade but she did not want to say anything.

And when he stopped at the home of Wallace’s parents in Miramar, no one was there.

Miramar Police are now awaiting details about how the official extradition to Massachusetts State Police will be handled.

Hernandez remains in a Massachusetts jail Friday facing a first-degree murder charge in case that has shocked the sports world.

READ MORE: Florida Judge Set to Decide On School Mask Rule

Hernandez has been denied bail twice since being arrested and will likely remain in jail until his trial which could take more than a year to finally get into court. Thursday, police arrested Carlos Ortiz, 27, of Bristol, Connecticut, for a probation violation. Ortiz has reportedly admitted to having a gun the night Odin Lloyd was allegedly murdered.

The current case started back on June 16, when prosecutors said Hernandez texted two friends asking them to come from Massachusetts to Connecticut in a hurry. Prosecutors said Hernandez then texted Lloyd telling him he wanted to get together.

Prosecutors said the three men picked up Lloyd around 2:30 a.m. June 17 and drove him to an industrial park near Hernandez’s home and shot him five times. The state has not said who fired the shots.

Police have reportedly found evidence including chewing gum with Hernandez’s DNA on it, ammunition matching the ammunition used in the killing, and other potential evidence related to the shooting death of Lloyd.

Since his arrest, an investigation has also picked up momentum looking at Hernandez and a double-murder from 2012. The drive-by shooting last year may have had something to do with Lloyd’s murder this year, according to the Boston Globe.

The Globe reported that Lloyd may have had information about Hernandez’s involvement in the 2012 double-murder and that he was possibly ready to implicate Hernandez.

Hernandez was arrested earlier this week and was almost immediately cut by the New England Patriots. The Patriots had just signed Hernandez to a five-year, $40 million contract before last season. The Patriots will suffer salary cap penalties in 2013 and 2014 for releasing Hernandez.

During the draft, one team said it wouldn’t take him under any circumstances, and he was passed over by one club after another before New England picked him in the fourth round. Afterward, Hernandez said he had failed a drug test in college, reportedly for marijuana, and was up front with teams about it.

However, since Hernandez’s arrest, published reports have said he failed multiple drug tests while at the University of Florida, possibly as many as six times. UF officials said it wasn’t six failed drug tests, but wouldn’t give an accurate number of times Hernandez failed the tests.

Hernandez also has had a civil suit filed against him in South Florida. The civil suit alleges Hernandez shot a man through the eye after an argument at a Tootsie’s strip club. No criminal charges were filed in the alleged strip club shooting.

Hernandez became a father on Nov. 6, 2012 and said at the time he intended to change his ways: “Now, another one is looking up to me. I can’t just be young and reckless Aaron no more.”

Hernandez could face life in prison if convicted.

MORE NEWS: Rod Stewart's Plea Deal On Battery Charge Falls Through

(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)