Your entertainment center is the scapegoat from the rat race that is daily life. Relax in your living room and catch a Gators game with some simple organization. Keep your remotes in a central location, get all movies in order and find the right furniture to store all of your gadgets and electronics neatly.
1. Consolidate remotes: Most people have at least three remotes for their entertainment center. Try to consolidate these by programming your main remote to receive signals from more than one electronic. If you do not have a remote capable of doing this, consider purchasing one, as it will quickly resolve much of your clutter.
2. Organize your movies: Buy yourself a shelf or some sort of storage unit where you can keep movies neatly displayed alongside the television. If you prefer not to have these on display, then find a drawer where they can all be tucked away, allowing room for more to accumulate. This will quickly alleviate a lot of your mess.
3. Organize your music: If you have an iPod or MP3 player, consider transferring all of your CDs onto this device. This can be an enjoyable task as it provides a great opportunity to go through your collection and listen to some of those classics that have long been neglected.
4. Prioritize: Clean up your inventory of music and movies. Determine what you can part with, and donate these unwanted items for others to enjoy. This quickly allows more space for new purchases.
5. Make it look good: Many furniture stores sell units that are specifically designed to hold multiple electronics. From the PlayStation and DVD player to the television and stereo, find a unit that can accommodate all appliances neatly. When you’re ready to make the new purchase, consider what type of style you have in mind. Look at the furniture you already own. How will the unit work with it? This might be a great time to redo the whole room with the entertainment center being a starting point.
The following local businesses should be able to help you get started:
Miami Home Furniture
9745 Sunset Drive Suite 109
Miami, FL 33173
Hours: Mon to Fri – 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sat and Sun – Closed
Maimi Home Furniture is a great resource for finding your next entertainment center. They have an extensive selection to choose from.
Home Design Store
490 Biltmore Way
Coral Gables, FL 33134
Hours: Mon to Fri – 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., Sat – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Sun – 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Make your room stand out with unique options at the Home Design Store. Find one of a kind options to ensure your room is entirely original.
Tuna Electronics North America
3750 NW 114th Ave. Unit 6
Doral, FL 33178
Hours: Mon to Fri – 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Sat and Sun – Closed
Tuna Electronics ensures great options for all electronics. This would be a great resource for organizing your remotes, movies and music.
For more great tricks, tips and advice about your home, visit CBSMiami/YourHome.
Belky Schwartz is a Miami native working as a therapist, writer and educator in South Florida. Through her work she has learned a great deal about herself and the people with which she shares her life on a daily basis. Interests for her include photography, reading, and taking in Miami’s many scenic views. Her work can be found at Examiner.com.