A Leon County circuit court judge ruled Friday that state taxpayers will have to cover hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal fees for the defense of former House Speaker Ray Sansom, who was cleared four years ago of charges that had already driven him from office.
A trial began Thursday to determine whether former House Speaker Ray Sansom deserves to be reimbursed for almost $1 million in legal fees from a failed corruption case, with attorneys for the former lawmaker and the state arguing over whether he was involved in a deal that ultimately ended the case.
Florida State University plans a massive public-relations effort to counter negative press that has painted the school throughout the past year as favoring athletics over academics.
The student code of conduct hearing involving Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston began Tuesday, approximately two years after a female student said he sexually assaulted her in December 2012.
Quarterback Jameis Winston has complied with the first deadline in Florida State’s code of conduct hearing process, the adviser for the Winston family said Friday.
The resolution to Florida State’s code of conduct investigation of Jameis Winston may not come before the end of the football season despite imminent deadlines in the process.
The adviser for the family of Jameis Winston has asked Florida State why it has chosen now to engage in the Title IX process and accuses the school of trying to protect its own interests and responding to media pressure, according to a letter obtained Tuesday by The Associated Press.
Coach Jimbo Fisher said Florida State’s Jameis Winston has committed no crime and is adamant the quarterback will not miss any games this season due to an ongoing sexual assault investigation.
Coach Jimbo Fisher says Florida State’s Jameis Winston has committed no crime and is adamant the quarterback will not miss any games this season due to an ongoing sexual assault investigation.
Florida State Seminoles quarterback Jameis Winston will not face sexual assault charges after a year-long investigation into accusations on an incident from December 2012.