Health Topic Center
CBS Miami Health News
- Proposal Would Help Dentists In Underserved Areas A House Republican has proposed the creation of a program that would offer financial help to dentists who practice in underserved areas.
- Senate May Consider "Recovery Care" Proposal Taking up a health-care issue backed by House leaders, a Senate Republican on Thursday filed a bill that would allow patients to stay longer at ambulatory-surgical centers and allow the operation of "recovery care centers."
- Florida's "Healthy Kids" Insurance Rates To Rise Thousands of children in the Florida Healthy Kids health-insurance program will see their rates jump as of October 1st and state officials are blaming the federal Affordable Care Act.
- Scientists Find How Obesity Gene Works, A Clue To Treatment Scientists have finally figured out how the key gene tied to obesity makes people fat, a major discovery that could open the door to an entirely new approach to the problem beyond diet and exercise.
- Bounce Into Fitness With Rebound Boots There's a new trend in fitness that has people bouncing into their exercise routines - literally.
- FDA Approves 'Female Viagra' & Could Hit Shelves Soon The FDA has approved a drug to help women's libidos.
- DNA Testing Offered For Personalized Skin Care Treatments As more people want to find out what’s going on inside their bodies, doctors are offering patients a way to personalize their skin care and it involves taking a look at an individual's DNA.
- Medical Price Websites, Bid To Save Money On Procedures When we go to the store, we like to have plenty of choices and we like to know the cost of those choices. The healthcare marketplace is no different. In a growing demand for transparency, medical price websites are on the rise.
- Gastric Balloon Could Inflate Your Weight-Loss Success Insert a balloon into your stomach, start to lose weight. Those are the basics of a new procedure you can only get from a University of Miami doctor.
- Study: Parents With Math Anxiety Could Hinder Child's Performance If you’re a parent, and words like division, fraction and multiplication give you anxiety, you may want to consider having someone else help your child when it comes to math homework.
- Florida DOH: Tattoo Ink Used In Miami-Area Linked To Infection Health officials are warning tattoo-seekers after certain inks have been linked to infection.
- Bush Stumbles On Women's Health Care Funding Comments Democratic presidential front runner Hillary Clinton wasted no time in pouncing on Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush after he vowed Tuesday to cut off federal funding for Planned Parenthood if elected to the White House.
- Doctor Says He Physically Feels What His Patients Feel You’ve heard the expression, “I feel your pain,” but some people actually do, including a neurologist who is able to connect with his patients on a level most can’t.
- MDCPS Test Kitchen Reveals New Healthy, Nutritious Lunches For Students In just three weeks, Miami-Dade County Public Schools will be welcoming more than 340,000 students back to school. The Food and Nutrition Department has been working diligently planning healthy, nutritious menus for the school year ahead.
- Future Of Cardiology Includes Your Heart In 3D The future of cardiology is here now. When a new heart device is invented, it needs to be tested on real people before going to market but a Massachusetts company has developed one-of-a-kind virtual technology when it created a 3-D simulation of the...