Health Topic Center
CBS Miami Health News
- Feeling Cranky? Lack Of Sleep May Be To Blame Ground-breaking research at Nova Southeastern University is focusing on the link between your sleep habits and your level of emotion volatility.
- Nursing Home Bill Limits Who Can Be Sued A bill which passed the House Wednesday, would limit litigants who file a case against a nursing home.
- How Dirty Are Your Tech Gadgets? The smartphone you put right up to your cheek, or the tablet you hold in your hands, is quite possibly dirtier--in terms of germs--than a toilet seat, according to scientific research.
- Kids Get Codeine In ER Despite Risks, Guidelines Despite recommended limits on codeine use in children, the potent painkiller is prescribed for children in at least half a million emergency room visits each year, a study suggests.
- Supreme Court Turns Down Gov. Scott On Worker Drug Testing In a blow to Gov. Rick Scott, the U.S. Supreme Court on Monday said it would not take up his appeal of a ruling that blocked across-the-board drug testing for state employees.
- Six Foods To Help You Feel Great For Spring Spring is finally here, but even if you still have the winter blahs, there are certain things that you can do to feel a bit better.
- Remodel Your Mind With BrainCore Therapy People take medication every day for things like anxiety, depression, and insomnia. Now, a new technique could make all of that go away.
- Fit Friday Isn't Just About Working Out But Also Eating Right hey say health is 30-percent gym and 70-percent kitchen. You can work out for hours a day but you need to make sure you are eating well to see results. But many of us don’t have the time to cook three healthy meals a day so that’s where Catered Fit...
- Getting A Second Medical Opinion Online A 25-year Johns Hopkins study has concluded that diagnostic mistakes are most costly and do more harm to patients than surgical or medication errors. That stunning finding is one of the reasons a new telemedicine service was created right here in...
- 3D Printer Could Be Used To Create Human Body Parts A biotech firm is on the cutting edge of creating organ tissue outside the human body.