Health Topic Center
CBS Miami Health News
- Last Day For "Obamacare" Sign Up Time is running out to sign up for health insurance and have that coverage take effect starting January 1st. Monday, December 15th, is the final day to sign up to meet the deadline.
- New Neurosurgery Technique Offers Hope To Father With Tumor A Palm Beach County Sheriff's Deputy and father of five is hopeful after a new technique was used to try to remove his brain tumor.
- New Non-Invasive Treatments Zap Cellulite & Body Fat It used to be the only way people could trim down their unwanted belly fat and cellulite, aside from dieting, was to go through some rather intense procedures which require anesthesia and liposuction.
- University Receives Grant To Study E-Cigarettes Use A $2.7 million grant was given to the University of Arizona to research the growing use of electronic cigarettes.
- How To Beat The Winter Blues And Avoid Cabin Fever Winter is all fun and games…until after New Years’ Eve.
- Survey: Primary Care Doctor Shortage Result Of ACA A shortage of primary care doctors has emerged as thousands of people gained insurance through the Affordable Care Act, according to a new survey.
- Supreme Court Justices Hear Pregnancy Discrimination Case A pregnancy discrimination case is in front of the Supreme Court and its outcome could affect women across the country. A former UPS worker says she was forced into taking unpaid leave when she became pregnant.
- Sitting: A Silent Killer Doctors say sitting for too long can kill you, or at least lead to a host of ailments.
- Men Getting Reverse Vasectomies Seek Second Chance Approximately 500,000 men a year get a vasectomy and about 30,000 have a reversal. About half of those men reversing their vasectomy’s do so because they’ve gotten remarried and they are hoping for a second chance at a happy family.
- 11-Year-Old Girl Battles Insurance Company Over Mystery Breast Disease Delorian Cole is a typical 11-year old girl except she’s battling a rare, painful and public disease.
- Bono, Affleck Stay Silent in PSA on Ebola Response Celebrities are playing the waiting game in a new online campaign calling for a unified response to the Ebola epidemic in West Africa.
- South Florida Hospital Unveils Ebola-Zapping Robot A South Florida hospital unveiled its newest Ebola-zapping technology on Tuesday.
- Health Secretary To Attend ACA Panel Discussion At FIU U.S Health and Human Services Secretary Sylvia Burwell will be in Miami Monday where she'll take part in an Affordable Care Act Stakeholder panel discussion at Florida International University's College of Law.
- Health Insurance Enrollment Begins Health organizations throughout the state hosted sign up events as the health insurance enrollment season kicked off for its second year on Saturday.
- Gluten-Free Alternative May Cause Allergic Reactions We all know about gluten allergies. But did you know manufacturers could be substituting one allergen for another?