Health Topic Center
CBS Miami Health News
- McDonald's To Stop Serving Chicken Raised On Antibiotics A change is on its way to fast food giant McDonald’s menu.
- House Panel Approves Miami-Dade Needle Exchange Pilot Program House members began moving forward Wednesday with a renewed effort to approve a pilot needle-exchange program in Miami-Dade County.
- From Virtual To Reality: Life-Saving Trauma Foam It looks like a simple caulking gun. But it’s no ordinary tool. “The potential impact is truly revolutionary,” says Dr. David King.
- Medicaid Fight May Cost Florida $1 Billion Federal Grant Before the Florida Legislative season has even begun, they may be faced with a challenge to fill a $1 billion hole in the state's health care budget.
- Prescription Costs On The Rise Insurance companies are changing the way you pay for your prescription drugs. In some cases, the idea of a copay is going away.
- "Appetite Pacemaker" May Help Battle Obesity A new tool in the battle against obesity is a device that promises to turn off hunger.
- Mom Not Allowed To Board Flight With Breast Pump An Orlando area mother is speaking out after she was told she would not be able to bring her breast pump on a flight.
- AAP: School Meals Improved, Focus Centers On Packed Lunches For the past 10 years, growing concerns over childhood obesity has paved the way for more nutritious, healthier foods offered to kids at school. But now the American Academy of Pediatrics wants healthy foods to go beyond cafeteria walls, urging...
- Study: Hand Washing Dishes May Reduce Risk Of Allergy Development Dinner is finished and the plates are loaded into the sink—whether you proceed to hand wash or place them in the dishwasher could make a difference in whether or not children develop allergies.
- Report Suggests Trend In Prescription Drug Errors Filled By Pharmacists Anyone who has picked up a prescription knows a pharmacy counter can be a busy place that can sometimes lead to mistakes.
- Cooking Classes Could Help People Cope With Mental Health Problems Some counselors, treating patients with issues such as stress, anxiety and depression, are turning to cooking classes to help them cope with mental health problems.
- Another Pot Hearing Sought To Clear Up Proposed Rule Florida's Department of Health is set to hold another hearing to clarify a proposed medical marijuana rule that has caused some confusion.
- Florida Has Highest Number Of Enrollees Under Health Law Florida has become the state with the highest number of people buying health insurance under the Affordable Care Act.
- The Story Of Sharing America's Marrow Sam Kimura, her sister and her best friend are on a mission to help people around the country in need of life saving blood marrow. See how these three young women are going about making a real difference.
- Some Floridians Get Another Week To Buy Health Insurance If you are had trouble buying health insurance before Sunday's deadline, federal health officials are granting a special enrollment period for people who were sidelined by long wait times or computer glitches.