Health Topic Center
CBS Miami Health News
- Fla. Group Providing 200,000 Students With Free Flu Shots Florida’s flu vaccination rates are well below the national average and a Florida organization plans to fix this problem by providing 200,000 free vaccinations to students this school year.
- Talking Baby: Infant Massage In today’s Talking Baby, we are looking at infant massage. It sounds like a way to spoil your baby, but it turns out it offers a lot of health benefits as well.
- South Florida Teenager Tackles Difficult Issue Of Transgender A new book that tackles the topic of transgender children is co-authored by a teenager from South Florida who has first-hand experience with the often misunderstood issue.
- First Locally-Acquired Case Of Chikungunya Fever For Broward County Health officials in Broward County have issued a mosquito-borne illness advisory after the first locally acquired case of Chikungunya Fever was documented in the county.
- What Has The Affordable Care Act Accomplished A Year Later? With almost a year under its belt, has the Affordable Care Act impact as many people as it originally set out to?
- 3 New Cases Of Dengue Fever In Miami-Dade Those pesky mosquitoes in South Florida are causing more problems. Health officials have issued a mosquito-borne disease alert for Miami-Dade County after confirming three more cases of locally acquired dengue fever.
- Enterovirus D68: What Every Parent Should Know Parents should be prepared for a new virus that is infecting the Midwest and looking to sweep the nation.
- CDC: Miami Hospital Patient Tests Negative For Ebola A patient at a Miami-area hospital has tested negative for the deadly Ebola virus, confirmed officials with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Monday evening.
- Grant Money Awarded For Affordable Care Act Assistance The University of South Florida is one of just three organizations in the state who will receive federal funds to help people sign up for health insurance during the second enrollment period under the Affordable Care Act.
- Talking Baby: Baby Reflux In this edition of “Talking Baby”, we’ve all eaten things that didn’t agree with us. Perhaps you’ve gotten heartburn or nausea? Imagine a tiny baby having to deal with reflux. It’s more common than you might think.