Health Topic Center
CBS Miami Health News
- Decorative Contact Lenses Can Be Dangerous Addition To Halloween Costume Wearing decorative contact lenses could be a dangerous accessory to your Halloween costume. While they may seem fun, they can permanently damage vision.
- Scientists Working On Zapping Bad Memories It sounds like science fiction. The idea that bad memories could be erased with a flash of light. Well, the future is here - at least for mice.
- As Gov. Scott Slams CDC Over Ebola, Airports Prepare For Threat While Florida Governor Rick Scott severely criticized the Centers for Disease Control for not being responsive to the state's request Friday, South Florida airport officials had a frank talk about Ebola.
- Health Officials Tracking Down FLL Travelers Health officials are in the process of tracking down dozens of passengers who flew to and from Fort Lauderdale this week on Frontier airlines. It's the very same jetliner the nurse who is sick with Ebola took to Dallas a day earlier.
- FLL Finalizes Ebola Protocol Amid Infected Nurse Developments Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport finalized its protocol amid developments that a nurse who was later found to have Ebola was on a jetliner that later made a trip to Fort Lauderdale.
- Florida To Spend Millions On Ebola Preparation In the wake of Ebola reaching the U.S., Florida state officials plan to spend millions in preparation for a possible outbreak.
- With Ebola In The Headlines, Officials Worry About Other Maladies Officials are asking travelers to stay calm after hearing the second nurse with Ebola was on a jet liner the day before her diagnosis. While Ebola is making the headlines, it’s not the only malady that could arrive by jetliner.
- Governor Wants State Hospital Workers Prepared For Ebola Governor Rick Scott, in South Florida for Wednesday night’s Gubernatorial Debate, wants Florida hospital workers to be prepared for the possibility of treating an Ebola patient.
- When One More Glass Of Wine Is Too Many Do you love to enjoy a glass of wine or two at dinner or at the end of a long day? How do you know when one more glass of wine is one glass too many?
- South Florida Airports Fine Tune Plan For Possible Ebola Scenario In the wake of Ebola, South Florida's major airports have been fine tuning their highly intricate emergency plans which spells out the response to an Ebola scenario.
- Brickell Clinic Patient Tests Negative For Deadly Ebola Virus State health officials said a patient who was transferred from an urgent-care clinic in Miami to a local hospital with Ebola-like symptoms was not at risk for the virus.
- First Case Of Enterovirus 68 Confirmed In Florida The first case of Enterovirus has been confirmed in Florida.
- Fighting Back Against ‘Food Shaming’ Phenomenon Despite everyone’s tendency to indulge occasionally, women are experiencing a new phenomenon referred to as “Food Shaming.” Many women say they’re met with insulting comments by strangers if they eat a high calorie food in public. Some experts...
- First Case Of Enterovirus-D68 Confirmed In Florida A 10-year-old Tampa area girl is recovering from the Enterovirus, it’s the first confirmed case of the disease in the state of Florida, according to the Florida Department of Health.
- Politics And Public Fear Drive Ebola Scare In Miami-Dade The experts at the Centers For Disease Control told Florida Sunday not to expend resources testing a West Africa boy for Ebola.