Health Topic Center
CBS Miami Health News
- FIU Expert Joins Ebola War In Africa An infectious disease expert from Florida International University who was asked to join an international team of experts working to contain an outbreak of the Ebola virus in West Africa left Miami on Thursday for Nigeria to work with a World Health...
- Rising Cost Of Generic Drugs Buying generic brand drugs when filling a prescription used to be a no brainer. However, with a recent spike in prices, some are now struggling to pay for what was once affordable medication.
- What Robin Williams' Death Tells Us About Parkinson's Disease Williams passing has shed light on his overall health; both mental and physical.
- Thousands Of Florida Residents At Risk Of Losing Health Insurance Nearly 100,000 thousand people in Florida who signed up for insurance through the Affordable Health Care marketplace could lose their coverage next month unless they can prove they are U.S. citizens.
- Time-Saving Tips For Healthy School Lunches With creative planning and the right containers, packing a quick and healthy lunch can be as easy as ABC and 123!
- Study: Metabolism Can Be Boosted By Adjusting Thermostat A new study published by the American Diabetes Association shows something as simple as lowering your thermostat can jump start your metabolism, CBS 4’s Vanessa Borge reported.
- Boxed Alternative To Bottled Water Hitting Store Shelves Bottled water is receiving a bad rap due to environmental concerns. A company based in the Midwest is selling an alternative that claims to be more eco-friendly: water in a box.
- FDA Warns Tattoo Inks Can Cause Infections Those thinking about getting a tattoo may want to check what ink is being used for their new design.
- An Epidemic: Top 10 Outbreaks In U.S. History Throughout the years, epidemics and plagues have shaken up societies and cultures around the world.
- MD Schools To Start Drug Testing Students Students will be randomly tested for drugs this school year, according to a new plan.