Health Topic Center
CBS Miami Health News
- Avoid Being Overcharged On Medical Bills If you have paid a medical bill recently, there’s a good chance you paid too much. It’s a concept Jeremy Winetraub now understands well. While still recovering from hernia surgery, he got hit with a $20,000 bill from the hospital.
- South Miami Police Hope To "Arrest" Type 1 Diabetes More than a million people in the U.S. are affected with diabetes and many of them are children.
- When Noise Is More Than An Annoyance We all get annoyed by noises at times. Maybe it’s a song on the radio we can’t stand or a friend’s obnoxious laugh.
- Easy Tips To Keep Your July 4th Food Safe For some folks, the Fourth of July means a backyard cook out or a picnic at the beach or in a park. But if they are not careful, their holiday barbecue could turn into a recipe for disaster.
- More Vaccines Available At Pharmacies Under New Law (TM and © Copyright 2015 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2015 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or...
- Hi-Tech Healing May Change The Way People Take Meds Do you sometimes forget to take your daily dose of prescription medication?
- Families Challenge Children's Removal From Specialized Medical Care The families of four Florida children with special health-care needs have filed a challenge to a new state process that removed them from a program providing services to medically fragile kids.
- Local Dancer's Sudden Death Prompts Parents To Push For EKGs The sudden death of a South Florida dancer is changing the way some parents think about their kids’ heart health.
- Supreme Court Ruling A Victory For Florida, Obamacare A major victory for the 1.6 million people in Florida who have insurance through the federal health insurance marketplace.
- Wish-Bone Dressing Recalled Over Mis-Labeling More than 8,000 cases of Wish-Bone salad dressing have been recalled because the bottles contain an ingredient not listed on the label.
- Less-Invasive Sinus Surgery Provides Quick Relief For Patients Chronic sinusitis is one of the most common reasons people head to the doctor. Traditionally, surgical options have been a last resort due to the painful side effects—but now that’s changing.
- Skinny Jeans Land Woman In Hospital For 4 Days We’ve all heard the cliché ‘beauty is pain,’ but one woman’s skinny jeans brought-on more pain than she probably bargained for.
- FDA Cracks Down On Use Of Artificial Trans Fats It's a boon to healthy oils--and a bust for the worst kinds of fats.
- Crowd Sourcing Site Lets Group Review Your Medical Condition Would you use the wisdom of crowds to diagnose your medical condition?
- Health Officials Warn Of Possibly Deadly Bacteria In Beaches Florida Health officials are warning residents of a bacteria found in beaches that could have some deadly consequences.