Health Topic Center
CBS Miami Health News
- New Laser Treatment Aims To Eliminate Snoring A new procedure is intended to help both those who snore and those who are kept awake by it – with no downtime and no side effects.
- Miami Man Behind Beyoncé's Flawless Look Miami-native Marcos Borges, as it turns out, is one of the reasons Beyonce wakes up looking flawless.
- HCA Seeks Higher Medicaid Payments For Low Income Patients HCA, which has 46 hospitals across the state, has sent a letter to Gov. Rick Scott calling for an overhaul of the way Florida pays for care of low-income patients.
- State Agencies Impacted If Budget Deal Can't Be Reach Every thing from money for teachers and child abuse investigations to how the state responds in the wake of a hurricanes would be impacted if the Florida legislature can't reach a deal on a new budget in the next couple of weeks.
- Gov. Sets Monday Deadline For Hospital, Insurer Data Governor Rick Scott has given hospitals and health insurers less than a week to provide a wide range of data that will be considered by a newly formed commission on health-care funding.
- The Risks Of Waiting For A Baby You may not even be thinking of having a baby yet, but if you’re in your 20’s maybe you should start thinking about and planning for that bundle of joy now.
- State Drops Suit Seeking Access To VA Hospitals The state's Agency for Health Care Administration have dropped a nearly year-old lawsuit aimed at giving state inspectors access to federal Veterans Affairs medical centers and documents.
- Scott Names Hospital Panel Without Hospital Executives Gov. Rick Scott on Monday appointed nine people --- none of them hospital executives, and only one of whom appears to have significant medical experience --- to a commission meant to examine the economics of health care and hospitals in Florida.
- Experts Warn Against DIY Dentistry Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter MIAMI (CBSMiami) — It seems that you can turn to the Internet to learn how to do just about anything. Sometimes learning from the web can save you money, but there is one new ‘do it yourself’ trend that...
- 104-Year-Old Credits Family For Her Longevity From dancing to lifting weights, Mrs. Con Mac is a dedicated member at the YMCA family center in Weston. She comes in seven days a week to exercise at her Silver Sneakers cardio class along with her daughter. And Thursday at The Y was not just any...
- Scott Heads To DC To Fight For Low Income Patient Funding The federal government funds for hospitals that treat low-income and Medicaid patients are set to expire next month.
- Medical Marijuana Initiative Moving Forward After Florida lawmakers adjourned their session without taking up the medical-marijuana issue, supporters of legalization are gearing up for a renewed attempt to pass a ballot initiative in 2016.
- Health Dep't Confirms Outbreak Of Respiratory Illness The state’s health department has confirmed an outbreak of adenovirus, a highly contagious respiratory illness that commonly causes cold-like symptoms, pneumonia, sore throat and diarrhea in Lee County.
- New Smart Sports Gadgets Can Improve Your Game They can help everyday athletes improve their skills like the pros - smart gadgets designed to help your golf game, baseball swing, basketball dribble, soccer kick even your running stride.
- Paired Kidney Program Makes Way For Successful 4-Way Transplant It’s the first of its kind in Florida—a successful four-way paired kidney exchange transplant.