Health Topic Center
CBS Miami Health News
- Rita Wilson Undergoes Double Mastectomy After Breast Cancer Diagnosis Actress and singer Rita Wilson announced on Tuesday that she had a double mastectomy after being diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Florida Firefighter Finds Pain Relief At UM Health System A firefighter from Indian River County is back to work and feeling like a new man after an operation in South Florida. The procedure solved a medical mystery that lasted six years.
- 5 Simple Exercises That Lower Stress Looking for a way to lower stress? Try these five exercises from Dr. Tami Meraglia, author of "The Hormone Secret: Discover Effortless Weight Loss and Renewed Energy in Just 30 Days."
- Canned Oxygen Companies Cashing In On Energy Trend Are you feeling a bit sluggish and slow lately. There’s a new trend that has people finding a burst of energy in a bottle. It’s canned oxygen which some believe can leave you feeling renewed and re-energized.
- Cialis Used In Targeted Therapy Of Pre-Surgical Head/Neck Cancers New research, at a local cancer center, has found that a drug used for erectile dysfunction shows promise for patients with malignant throat tumors.
- Health Officials: International Traveler Had Measles While In South Florida The Florida Department of Health has confirmed that an international traveler, who attended a conference in Central Florida and spent time in South Florida, had the measles.
- Marlins Stolen-Base Champ Dee Gordon Teams With Blechman Foundation to "Dee-Feat" Parkinson's Dee Gordon is already making an impact in South Florida before starting his first regular season game as the Miami Marlins' new second baseman. After stealing an MLB-leading 64 bases in 2014, the Florida native and arguably the fastest man in...
- Amy's Kitchen Issues Recall Over Listeria Concerns Amy's Kitchen has recalled nearly 74,000 cases of their products over Listeria concerns.
- Florida #2 For Number Of Uninsured In State When it comes residents without health insurance, Florida is number two in the nation. But not in a good way.
- Apple Watch & ResearchKit Raise Privacy Concerns Apple's announcement brought the potential for a healthier future with innovative technology that’s guaranteed to take the world by storm for its practicality and it’s privacy risks.
- McDonald's To Stop Serving Chicken Raised On Antibiotics A change is on its way to fast food giant McDonald’s menu.
- House Panel Approves Miami-Dade Needle Exchange Pilot Program House members began moving forward Wednesday with a renewed effort to approve a pilot needle-exchange program in Miami-Dade County.
- From Virtual To Reality: Life-Saving Trauma Foam It looks like a simple caulking gun. But it’s no ordinary tool. “The potential impact is truly revolutionary,” says Dr. David King.
- Medicaid Fight May Cost Florida $1 Billion Federal Grant Before the Florida Legislative season has even begun, they may be faced with a challenge to fill a $1 billion hole in the state's health care budget.
- Prescription Costs On The Rise Insurance companies are changing the way you pay for your prescription drugs. In some cases, the idea of a copay is going away.