Health Topic Center
CBS Miami Health News
- Chipotle Removes All GMO Ingredients From Its Food It's a first for a major restaurant chain. Chipotle says it it now GMO-free.
- Doctors, Psychs Teaming Up To Offer Integrated Health Care Health care for children is evolving with a growing number of pediatricians pairing up with mental health professionals. They are working out of the same offices and using something call 'integrated care' to help treat children for everything from a...
- FDA Considers New Treatment For Double Chins The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is considering a new treatment meant to reduce the double chin using a drug, not surgery.
- Abortion Waiting Period Bill Headed To Scott's Desk The state's Senate has given final approval to a bill which would require a 24-hour waiting period for abortions. Next stop - Gov. Rick Scott's desk.
- Deciphering Food Labels At The Store There has been an explosion in the United State of people wanting to know where their food comes from and what's in it.
- Diet Pepsi Swaps Aspartame For Sucralose PepsiCo says it's responding to customer feedback by dropping aspartame and replacing it with sucralose, another artificial sweetener commonly known as Splenda.
- Florida Could Isolate People Suspected Of Being Infected Isolation could be an option for people suspected of being infected with severe diseases if Florida's top health officials expand their power.
- It's YMCA 'Healthy Kids Day' This Saturday YMCA CEO Kevin Washington sat down with CBS New York's Chris Wragge what it's all about.
- Senate Poised To Approve Abortion Waiting Period Bill After rejecting a series of Democratic amendments, the Republican-dominated Senate prepared Thursday to give final approval to a bill that would require women to wait 24 hours before having abortions.
- 'Telehealth' Bills Could Be In Trouble Efforts to bolster the use of "telehealth" in Florida could be in jeopardy, as bills remain stuck in House and Senate committees.
- House Passes Abortion Waiting Period Bill With the Senate also poised to take up the issue, the Florida House on Wednesday approved a bill that would require 24-hour waiting periods before women can have abortions.
- Could Beards Be Bad For Your Health? Men sporting facial hair is a hot trend at the moment, but there could be a downside, according to some experts.
- DOH Confirms Another Case Of Measles In Florida Florida health officials have confirmed another case of the measles in the state.
- CDC: E-Cig Use By Florida Teens Has Doubled More and more high school students are getting their nicotine fix from e-cigs instead of traditional 'cancer sticks'.
- Rita Wilson Undergoes Double Mastectomy After Breast Cancer Diagnosis Actress and singer Rita Wilson announced on Tuesday that she had a double mastectomy after being diagnosed with breast cancer.