Affordable Care Act
Understanding Health Care In America Today
- Florida Medicaid Privatization Underway Statewide In a move to privatize the Medicaid program, at least three million recipients are transitioning to managed care.
- Small Business Owners Targeted By Get Covered America Get Covered America met with 200 small businesses across the state over the weekend to talk with the about getting their employees signed up for health coverage.
- Gov't Paid 90-Percent Of Florida Premiums In Health Law The majority of Florida residents who signed up for coverage on Healthcare.gov are paying $100 or less a month in premiums on average.
- Law Offers Health Care To Foster Kids; Outreach Questioned Former foster children are eligible for health coverage under the federal Affordable Care Act until they turn 26 years old, but many in Florida don’t know it yet.
- Governor Scott Hitting The Campaign Trail Florida Gov. Rick Scott will be on the campaign trail to discuss college costs and tuition hikes.
- With New Health Law, Insurers Target Diabetics As hundred of thousands of diabetics are getting health coverage under federal law, insurance companies are aggressively targeting them.
- Governor Scott Political Ad Comes Under Fire Governor Rick Scott met with seniors in Miami to talk about the Affordable Care Act and what he said were cuts to the Medicare Advantage program.
- Rubio Blasts Spanish Language Media Over Affordable Care Act Senator Marco Rubio has a new target when it comes to the Affordable Care Act, Spanish Language media, specifically Univision and Telemundo.
- Website Problems Stall Sign-Ups For Health Insurance In West Miami-Dade Visitors packed the Mall of the Americas Monday night to shop for health insurance.
- Mega Church Hosts "Souls To Enroll" Event Before ACA Deadline Time is running out for people who need to sign up for insurance to meet the Affordable Care Act deadline. Those still considering their options have until midnight on Monday.