Affordable Care Act
Understanding Health Care In America Today
- Miami-Dade Only County In FL To See ACA Premium Decrease While many counties in Florida saw increases in the average monthly premiums for mid-range health insurance plans under the Affordable Care Act, Miami-Dade County saw a decrease in premiums.
- What Has The Affordable Care Act Accomplished A Year Later? With almost a year under its belt, has the Affordable Care Act impact as many people as it originally set out to?
- Grant Money Awarded For Affordable Care Act Assistance The University of South Florida is one of just three organizations in the state who will receive federal funds to help people sign up for health insurance during the second enrollment period under the Affordable Care Act.
- CBS4's Rick Folbaum Sits Down With Charlie Crist Former Florida Governor Charlie Crist is trying to win his old job back—but this time as a Democrat.
- Florida Medicaid Privatization Underway Statewide In a move to privatize the Medicaid program, at least three million recipients are transitioning to managed care.
- Small Business Owners Targeted By Get Covered America Get Covered America met with 200 small businesses across the state over the weekend to talk with the about getting their employees signed up for health coverage.
- Gov't Paid 90-Percent Of Florida Premiums In Health Law The majority of Florida residents who signed up for coverage on Healthcare.gov are paying $100 or less a month in premiums on average.
- Law Offers Health Care To Foster Kids; Outreach Questioned Former foster children are eligible for health coverage under the federal Affordable Care Act until they turn 26 years old, but many in Florida don’t know it yet.
- Governor Scott Hitting The Campaign Trail Florida Gov. Rick Scott will be on the campaign trail to discuss college costs and tuition hikes.
- With New Health Law, Insurers Target Diabetics As hundred of thousands of diabetics are getting health coverage under federal law, insurance companies are aggressively targeting them.