FT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – Orlando has topped the list metro areas with affordable housing near good elementary schools.
The real estate research firm RealtyTrac identified 489 zip codes where elementary school test scores were at least a third higher than their respective state average and where the price of a home required a third or less of the median household income.
Orlando had nine zip codes with affordable housing and good schools.
After Orlando, the metro areas with the highest number of affordable homes near good grade schools were Raleigh, North Carolina; Phoenix; Chandler, Arizona; Colorado Springs, Colorado; Grand Rapids, Michigan; Lexington, Kentucky; and Wilmington, North Carolina.
Cities that topped the list of most unaffordable areas with good schools were New York and San Francisco.
(TM and © Copyright 2014 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2014 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Broward Sheriff Scott Israel To Face No-Confidence Vote
- Cypress Creek Could Undergo Bold Revitalization
- FAA Orders More Engine Inspections After Southwest Accident
- ‘Russians Were Trying To Interfere’: Sen. Marco Rubio On DNC Lawsuit Against Russia, WikiLeaks & Trump Campaign
- Former First Lady Barbara Bush’s Body Lies In Repose In Houston