KEY WEST (CBSMiami/FKNB) — Zombies could be seen around Key West Sunday and they were pedaling bicycles.
It was part of the city’s annual Zombie Bike Ride.
Organizer Marky Pierson said the event attracted about 7,000 zombies for the procession that routed participants along the Atlantic Ocean down South Roosevelt Boulevard. The unearthly antics culminated in the Zombie Fest Street Party in the lower portion of Key West’s famed Duval Street.
Participants wore everything from dead-white face paint and “traditional” gory zombie costumes to “walking dead” garb that spoofed surprisingly lively current events.
The unearthly antics are to culminate in the Zombie Fest Street Party in the 100, 200 and 300 blocks of Key West’s famed Duval Street.
The Zombie Bike Ride coincides with the first weekend of Key West’s annual Fantasy Fest costuming and masking festival that continues through Sunday, Oct. 26.
The Florida Keys News Bureau contributed to this report.
- American Airlines, Local Drives Send Supplies To Puerto Rico
- Hurricane Maria Weakens Slightly As It Moves North
- 1st Cruise Ship Since Irma Docks In Key West
- Man Dead, Girl Critically Injured In Central Florida Boat Collision
- Locals Organizing Donations For Struggling Island Of Puerto Rico