KEY WEST (CBSMiami/FKNB) — Zombies could be seen around Key West Sunday and they were pedaling bicycles.
It was part of the city’s annual Zombie Bike Ride.
Organizer Marky Pierson said the event attracted about 7,000 zombies for the procession that routed participants along the Atlantic Ocean down South Roosevelt Boulevard. The unearthly antics culminated in the Zombie Fest Street Party in the lower portion of Key West’s famed Duval Street.
Participants wore everything from dead-white face paint and “traditional” gory zombie costumes to “walking dead” garb that spoofed surprisingly lively current events.
The unearthly antics are to culminate in the Zombie Fest Street Party in the 100, 200 and 300 blocks of Key West’s famed Duval Street.
The Zombie Bike Ride coincides with the first weekend of Key West’s annual Fantasy Fest costuming and masking festival that continues through Sunday, Oct. 26.
The Florida Keys News Bureau contributed to this report.
- Prolific Davis Lifts Pelicans Past Heat In OT, 124-123
- Fmr. Miami Dolphins Player Jonathan Martin Detained By Police Over Instagram Post
- This Stoneman Douglas Victim Still Remains In ICU, Needs Your Help
- ‘You Failed Us’: School Shooting Survivor Has Message To Deputy Who ‘Never Went In’
- ‘There Was Hugging. There Were Tears.’: Teachers Return To Marjory Stoneman Douglas High