MIAMI (CBSMiami) – The family of a South Florida man killed during a hit and run is pleading for the community’s help to find his killer.
Video from a red light camera showed Eugene Green, 48, initially riding on the sidewalk before he got onto the street to make a wide-right turn. Just then a dark car speeding through the intersection hit Green and continued.
An officer stopped at the intersection went to help Green, but it was not enough.
Now his mother is dealing with the fact she will have to bury her son.
“This is like a dream right now that I’m hoping to awaken from,” said Nelly Green. “When I saw him leave that day I had no idea it was going to be the last day I saw him, so it’s very painful. Nobody knows how painful it is.”
Eugene Green’s sister Yolanda Green Samuel said the family is in desperate need of closure.
“We need this so badly to help us through this process. We really need to bring some type of closure and receive some kind of understanding for why this person left the scene,” she said.
Miami Gardens Police are still looking for the driver who they believe was driving a dark Volkswagen.
Green’s family said they are ready to forgive the driver, but still want justice.
“Oh, I forgive them because that’s not my job to judge. It’s my job to forgive. It hurts, but I’m a Christian and I forgive him,” Nelly Green said.
- City Of Miami Police Officer Arrested For Battery, False Imprisonment Following Domestic Incident
- Broward Superintendent Outlines New Security Measures For School Safety
- Florida Couple Claims Hospital Allowed Miccosukee Police To Take Newborn Baby With Bogus Court Order
- Brother Of Confessed Parkland Gunman Visited MSD Numerous Times
- Gov. Scott Orders Extra Security At MSD High After Student Arrests