MIAMI (CBSMiami) – Miami-Dade Commissioners met Thursday night to take a final vote on the county’s $6.2 billion budget.
Mayor Carlos Gimenez in recent weeks removed many of the most unpopular cuts from the budget.
Among some of the items that received backlash were police lay offs.
A higher library tax will pay for expanded hours and services.
Overall, the county’s combined property tax would go up less than one percent.
Also in the budget, the Mayor’s $1 million initiative for police body cameras.
- Crews Capture Crocodile On Hollywood Beach
- Woman Arrested In Death Of Man Found In Burning Car
- Dolphins Players, Coaches Hand Out 500 Thanksgiving Meals To Local Families
- Judge Orders No Bond For Gables Murder Suspect
- 12-Year-Old Boy Airlifted To Hospital After Being Hit By Car In Margate