MIAMI (CBSMiami) — It’s was more than a night of baseball at Marlins Park Wednesday with First Responders getting a dose of appreciation from the community.
It was all part of First Responders Appreciation Night at Marlins Park hosted by CBS4’s Vanessa Borge and the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation.
Those honored included Miami-Dade, Miami, Fort Lauderdale and New York City Fire Departments, EMT’s, police, fire personnel and all first responders.
They received a special event package which included a special edition Marlins First Responder Appreciation duffel bag.
The Miami-Dade Fire Rescue Department also honored former New York City Fire Commissioner Salvatore Cassano with a Miami-Dade Fire-Rescue flag and helmet. Cassano was instrumental in rebuilding the New York City Fire Department after the September 11th attacks.
Uniformed members of the Miami-Dade, Miami, and Ft. Lauderdale Fire Rescue Departments lined the bases as Commissioner Cassano threw out the ceremonial first pitch.
To start the game off Borge called out “play ball!”
CBS4’s Rick Folbaum and Borge will be hosting another event meant to honor military and first responders.
Those wanting to join can put on their running shows and participate in Fort Lauderdale’s Tunnel To Towers 5K set for Saturday, September 13th at Huizenga Park starting at 7:30 a.m.
For more information and to register, visit www.t2trun.org.
- Gov. Scott Orders Extra Security At MSD High After Student Arrests
- Florida Couple Claims Hospital Allowed Miccosukee Police To Take Newborn Baby With Bogus Court Order
- Obama’s Write Letter To “Inspirational” Students Of Parkland
- Brother Of Confessed Parkland Gunman Visited MSD Numerous Times
- Police Investigating Two Bodies Discovered In Hollywood Gated Community