HIALEAH (CBSMiami) — Five people were displaced Wednesday after a fire broke out at a Hialeah home.
Fire Department officials said they responded to the dual family home located at 641 E. 19th Street at around 5:30 p.m.
The ceiling of the home was burning but crews were able to stop the fire from spreading further.
Fire department officials believe the fire was caused by a roof repair which the owner was working on minutes before the fire broke out.
There is significant damage to the home.No injuries were reported.
The Red Cross is working to help the displaced people.
- Thousands Flock To Miami Beach For Memorial Weekend, Some Not So Happy
- Man Dies, Shot In Face During Dispute At Miami Club
- Fraud Probe Launched After LGBT’s OutGames Cancelled
- Tickets, Response Time Down As FHP Deals With Trooper Shortage
- TSA: Record Setting Week For Firearms Recovered At Airport Checkpoints