HIALEAH (CBSMiami) — Five people were displaced Wednesday after a fire broke out at a Hialeah home.
Fire Department officials said they responded to the dual family home located at 641 E. 19th Street at around 5:30 p.m.
The ceiling of the home was burning but crews were able to stop the fire from spreading further.
Fire department officials believe the fire was caused by a roof repair which the owner was working on minutes before the fire broke out.
There is significant damage to the home.No injuries were reported.
The Red Cross is working to help the displaced people.
- iPhone 8 Hits Markets With Less Fanfare Than In Years Past
- Flights To Puerto Rico Cancelled As Island Struggles With No Power, Communication
- 19 Vehicles Belonging To Firefighters Burglarized Since Irma
- Two Young Children, Mother Found Dead In Murder-Suicide
- Hurricane Maria Moves Away From Turks & Caicos